Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Confused while creating financial years

By
sneha antony
on 4/11/14, 6:32 AM 1,042 views

I have been using Openerp version 7 since september 2013.While I started using openerp ,it had default fiscal year from January 1 2013 to December 31 2013 and I was making entries to that fiscal year.But actually the fiscal year here starts from April 1 Current year to March 31 Next year.Now When I want to create the actual fiscal year from April 1 2014 to March 31 2015,I am not able to do so.Certain validation errors and Constraint error occurs when I try the same.When I try to remove the fiscal year that was already there I am not able to do so.Can anyone please help?

Prakash

--Prakash--
| 5 4 7
Bikaner, India
--Prakash--

OpenERP Devloper at SunARC Technology

Prakash
On 4/11/14, 7:26 AM

Company and Period Name are unique if your already opened the period.

Follow the below link to close the period

https://accounts.openerp.com/forum/Help-1/question/38550

And To Create Financial Year From April to March

1) In the Configuration --> Period Create New record With Start Date 04/01/2014 and END Date 03/31/2015 and click the Create Monthly Period button

Simon Collins
On 6/3/14, 8:01 AM

If you select a fiscal year that started at a future date then it will default back to the current year using 1/1/YY to 12/31/YY. Set the default fiscal year using dates that included the current date.

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 4/11/14, 6:32 AM
Seen: 1042 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM