Odoo Help

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Confused while creating financial years

sneha antony
on 4/11/14, 6:32 AM 1,014 views

I have been using Openerp version 7 since september 2013.While I started using openerp ,it had default fiscal year from January 1 2013 to December 31 2013 and I was making entries to that fiscal year.But actually the fiscal year here starts from April 1 Current year to March 31 Next year.Now When I want to create the actual fiscal year from April 1 2014 to March 31 2015,I am not able to do so.Certain validation errors and Constraint error occurs when I try the same.When I try to remove the fiscal year that was already there I am not able to do so.Can anyone please help?

| 5 4 7
Bikaner, India

OpenERP Devloper at SunARC Technology

On 4/11/14, 7:26 AM

Company and Period Name are unique if your already opened the period.

Follow the below link to close the period

And To Create Financial Year From April to March

1) In the Configuration --> Period Create New record With Start Date 04/01/2014 and END Date 03/31/2015 and click the Create Monthly Period button

Simon Collins
On 6/3/14, 8:01 AM

If you select a fiscal year that started at a future date then it will default back to the current year using 1/1/YY to 12/31/YY. Set the default fiscal year using dates that included the current date.

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Asked: 4/11/14, 6:32 AM
Seen: 1014 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM