Odoo Help

Configure Incoming email in odoo 10

By
Abdalla Mohamed
on 11/22/16, 5:19 PM 2,196 views

Dear all

I need help to configure incoming emails for users. I need to receive emails in inbox. I create Incoming Mail Servers for each user but when fetch it appear this error:

Create an appropriate mail.alias or force the destination model

i think odoo require to create alias for each user but i do not know what i should write in setting --> Technical --> Emails --> Aliases

fenshuajiang
On 11/29/16, 10:15 AM

The following heuristics are used, in this order:

* if the message replies to an existing thread by having a Message-Id that matches an existing mail_message.message_id, we take the original message model/thread_id pair and ignore custom_value as no creation will take place

* if the message replies to an existing thread by having In-Reply-To or References matching odoo model/thread_id Message-Id and if this thread has messages without message_id, take this model/thread_id pair and ignore custom_value as no creation will take place (6.1 compatibility)

* look for a mail.alias entry matching the message recipients and use the corresponding model, thread_id, custom_values and user_id. This could lead to a thread update or creation depending on the alias * fallback on provided ``model``, ``thread_id`` and ``custom_values``

* raise an exception as no route has been found

Taher Giyori
On 12/5/16, 8:34 AM

See is this helps you.
https://www.odoo.com/forum/help-1/question/how-to-setup-email-alias-111570

Abdalla Mohamed
On 11/25/16, 12:38 PM

Dear Mr. Ermin,

I know i should create email alias but i do not no what data should i set to receive emails in user inbox

Dennis Garcia
On 11/25/16, 2:25 AM

(This is not an answer, but the rules of the forum doesn't let me add a comment)

I have the same problem
What values does this need to have?  because res.partner throws an error

https://postimg.org/image/by006o8ud/

Ermin Trevisan

--Ermin Trevisan--
| 6 5 7
Walchwil, Switzerland
--Ermin Trevisan--

Ermin Trevisan
On 11/23/16, 1:50 AM

You have to set the email aliases for users in the users preferences tab.

About This Community

This platform is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Register

Odoo Training Center

Access to our E-learning platform and experience all Odoo Apps through learning videos, exercises and Quizz.

Test it now

Question tools

2 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 11/22/16, 5:19 PM
Seen: 2196 times
Last updated: 12/5/16, 8:34 AM