Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Configuration problem with OpenERP Leave Management app.

By
JK
on 2/12/14, 3:29 PM 845 views

Hi All,

I am facing a configuration problem with OpenERP Leave Management app. I have created few users (User1,User2,Manager1,Manager2) and assign permission like below

Department1

User1 [Access right : HR / Employee ] ( User1's manager is Manager1) Manager1 [Access right : HR / Officer ]

Department2

User2 [Access right : HR / Employee ] ( User2's manager is Manager2) Manager2 [Access right : HR / Officer ]

The problem is, when User1 is applying a leave both the managers (Manager1 and Manager2 ) are getting the request (Leave Request to Approve). I already set manager for User1 as Manager1 and User2 as Manager2 in the Employee configuration (Human Resource/Employee/Position). Is there anyway I can set a restriction that only the respective managers are able to see their subordinates leave request ?

Regards, JK

I created Record Rule for Object "Leave" and solved the issue.

Rule Definition : ['|',('employee_id.user_id','=',user.id),('employee_id.parent_id.user_id','=',user.id)] I got this reference from OpenERP forum

JK
on 2/16/14, 7:29 AM

Hello, I am not able to achieve this yet. Is there anything else I that you have not mentioned in comment which solved this problem? I want to set managers of different teams to approve team member's leave. Mangers are not HR manager but they are managers of other departments. I don't want HR person to approve leave. Can you please help?

Sachin Deshpande
on 5/27/16, 6:36 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 2/12/14, 3:29 PM
Seen: 845 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM