This question has been flagged
3 Replies

When I try to install modules in Apps menu, it's just show apps from apps.openerp.com. I searched about one day for a config to change the url that it goes for get the modules, but no luck.

Any help, to show just local modules.

I just found apps.js with the url pointing to apps.openerp.com, but I didn't want change that.

Discard
Best Answer

In V7, you need to go in Settings -> Modules -> Installed Modules, then remove the installed filter in the search box to get a list of locally available modules. There is no way of getting that list from Settings -> Modules -> Apps which always look for things listed on apps.openerp.com.

From then, you can install modules, but from the kanban and form views (the install button is not available in the list view, contrary to v6.1).

If you have shell access on the server running openerp, you can also use the -i module_name command line option to install a module (use -u module_name to update the installation of an already installed module).

Discard
Author

Thanks, I didn't notice that in installed modules has a filter. So good to know that this is the normal behavior. I will work on that now. And yes, I have access to install like that, in fact I was debugging the project. thanks a lot.

Best Answer

The local modules are displayed in Settings > Modules > Installed Modules.

By default, only installed modules are displayed, so you have to remove the filter from the search bar.

Discard
Best Answer

The "Install", "Uninstall" and "Cancel" buttons is also available under Settings>Installed Modules after removing the filter. You cannot get the above buttons under Settings>Modules.

Discard

I updated my answer. thx