Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Concatenate two fields in one field?

By
MALLE SOULEYMANE
on 5/13/13, 1:28 PM 2,858 views

Hello. I want to write a function to concatenate the fields 'firstname' and 'surname' in one 'name' field, I tried but I can not get results. Here is my code:

def _firstname_surname(self, cr, uid, ids, field, arg, context=None):
    for etudiant in self.browse(cr, uid, ids, context=None)
    'name' = 'firstname' + ' ' + 'surname' 
    return name

you need to reformat your code to make it more readable in the question.

AJ Schrafel Paper Corp
on 5/13/13, 1:32 PM
MALLE SOULEYMANE
On 5/13/13, 7:48 PM

Hi. I have a problem, I would like to concatenate two char in one field, I do this code ut it does'nt work. Can you help me please.

def _my_methode(self, cr, uid, ids, field_name, arg, context=None):
    records=self.browse(cr,uid,ids)
    result = dict((x,'') for x in ids)
    for r in records:
        if(r.firstname and r.lastname)
            result[r.id] = "%s %s" % \
                     (r.firstname or '', r.lastname or '')
    return result

I do no want to make the name field as functional field. Whether it is possible to do the concatenation of firstname and lastname in one 'name' field by inheiring create or write method.? Please help if somebody know how to do?

GG
on 12/18/13, 11:09 AM

Francesco OpenCode

--Francesco OpenCode--
| 5 7 9
Grottaglie, Italy
--Francesco OpenCode--

Italian Odoo (OpenERP) Modules Developer LINKEDIN: http://www.linkedin.com/in/francescoapruzzese

Francesco OpenCode
On 5/13/13, 2:21 PM

ok thank you very much.

MALLE SOULEYMANE
on 5/13/13, 3:50 PM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 5/13/13, 1:28 PM
Seen: 2858 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM