Odoo Help

7 Answers
vishalratani India
5/27/18, 6:56 AM

Key limitations in odoo: unit of measure category: odoo doesn't understand how to convert between related unit of measure categories like m, sq. m  and cu.m. So you would have to get to a workaround/ custom solution.

For your practical purpose, you can create different products by thickness(one Product.template per thickness size). And within that product you set the width or (widthxlength combination) to be variant defining attribute with unit of measure to be sq. m for the products.

Thanks
Vishal Ratani,

2 Comments
twanda AG, Ermin Trevisan Switzerland
5/27/18, 9:19 AM

IMHO meters, square meters and cubic meters are not related categories, and the conversion has to be done by using BoMs of type "Set".

Anton Chuikin Latvia
5/27/18, 4:19 PM

Dear Vishal,

I'm trying your second suggestion now, but i don't really like it for few reasons. But the main one, I need an option to buy or manufacture in one UoM and sell in 3-4 different UoMs and need oDoo to do everything for me. So, i think i'll check how complicated custom solution would be.

Dear Ermin,

I'm afraid using BoM will not let me do the job on fly? I'll have to convert manually my products when selling?

Ermin Trevisan Switzerland

--Ermin Trevisan--
| 8 7 10
Walchwil, Switzerland
--Ermin Trevisan--

Ermin Trevisan Switzerland
5/26/18, 10:24 AM

Basically such a question is to broad and vast for this help forum, you may want to revert to the mailing list.

However, the general problem seems to be rather complicated. From a functional point of view you should study Odoo's product templates and product variants, bill of materials (BoM) for the conversion of UoMs from one category to another, and maybe also Pledra's product configurator (https://github.com/pledra/odoo-product-configurator), but most probably you would have to create a custom module for a well adapted solution. From a business point of view, you may want to consider a simplification of the price building.

Anton Chuikin Latvia
5/26/18, 10:31 AM

Thank you, Ermin,

So, best strategy for person who just encountered odoo and liked everything except product  (me) is to find vendor who would "cook" me the solution?

5 Comments
5/26/18, 2:05 PM

Based on the information you have posted, you should first follow the leads I have posted in order to get the knowledge to better analyse your case and then it s maybe a good advise to get a knowledgable functional Odoo consultant first. Your requirements seem to be difficult to be handled by any default ERP system.

Anton Chuikin Latvia
5/26/18, 2:45 PM

So did I and, to be honest, looks like I can handle it using variants. Only frustration i have now is that you can't bulk change volume, m3 and weight for every variant and I can only do it one-by-one. What am I missing? Is their quicker way to do it? And also giving each variant personal internal reference (SKU) is the same headache. Should I import the list?

And another issue i faced - volume per item is limited by 2 decimals, when I need at least 4. Is it possible to adjust somewhere? I know when i create my own UoM i can adjust rounding precision, but this is smth else, isn't it?

5/27/18, 2:40 AM

Please do post new questions and not append to existing ones. For bulk editing check the OCA mass editing module and for the decimals check the decimal accuracy setttings in "Technical/Settings" somewhere.

Anton Chuikin Latvia
5/27/18, 3:18 AM

Thanks a lot. Sorry, i will post new if I got them. Great help, Ermin.

5/27/18, 9:17 AM

Please upvote an answer, if it was helpful and tick the OK box when you consider the answer as valid.

Ask a Question
Writer
Keep Informed
1 follower(s)
About This Community

This platform is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Register
Odoo Training Center

Access to our E-learning platform and experience all Odoo Apps through learning videos, exercises and Quizz.

Test it now