Odoo Help

complicate Use of unit of measure - Deep in UOM

By
Arman Emadi
on 3/11/17, 8:19 AM 531 views

Hi

we are factory that our product build from raw iron profile like ladder or tower 

We buy raw material (Iron profile) with kg. and use them in manufacture by meters and convert them to product with unit . final product contain a lot of this little parts and want to sell them with both unit or kg.

every 1 kg of A profile is 2m every 1 kg of B profile is 1mevery 1 kg of C profile is 0.5mand so on ....

in production 

product A1 one unit = 20 cm of Aproduct A2 one unit= 10 cm of Aproduct A3 one unit= 180 cm of Aproduct B30 one unit= 110 cm of Band .......

e.g. final product Towen-model-102 = 2*A1 + 3A2 + 10*B30

i want to sell final product in kg and unit

i set kg as "purchaser unit of measure" and M as "unit of measure".

is there any way to set "measure ratio" to product instead of a unit ? this way i think i should create a UoM for each product (raw product have different ratio with each other)

i think the current solution of odoo is that 

1- create a unit of measure category2- create a unit of measure with the name kg and type of this unit should be "reference unit of measure for this category"3- create another unit of measure like this "m-for-A-profile" and set type "bigger than the referebce unit of measure"4- repeate number 3 for every single profile and create "m-for-B-profile" and .... so on over and over and set ratio.

I think this would be very nice if ratio filed was a part of product_product table . user will select unit of masure, if unit was from diffrent category ratio filed appear . very simple. 

by reading my problem is there another bussiness or factory that have same problem. i need help

tanks every one to read.

regards

This is really hard to understand (not only because of your english). Could you try to make your business case more understandable, maybe use also screenshots and/or some graphics?

Ermin Trevisan
on 3/11/17, 11:24 AM
Xavier Brochard
On 8/13/17, 12:53 PM

If I understand well, you need to connect UOM of different types/categories and to use these various UOM in sale orders.

This document in Odoo documentation explain how to connect UOMs of different categories : go to Docs / User / Purchase and open "How to purchase in different unit of measures than sales?" The second example explain how to create a shared measure category with a conversion relationship.

(http://www.odoo.com/documentation/user/10.0/purchase/purchases/master/uom.html).

Maurice Agée
On 3/27/17, 11:44 AM

I had this problem since 2 years ....

Arman Emadi
On 3/12/17, 4:49 AM

hi again

yes you are right , my post was not clear.

i hope this image works

i can't upload my picture direct here.

https://ibb.co/isfpRF         <------------------- this link

regards

About This Community

This platform is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Register

Odoo Training Center

Access to our E-learning platform and experience all Odoo Apps through learning videos, exercises and Quizz.

Test it now

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 3/11/17, 8:19 AM
Seen: 531 times
Last updated: 8/13/17, 12:53 PM