This question has been flagged
1 Reply

I am looking to deploy Odoo 12 Community Edition for a small sized company (around 10 users) on a local server, maybe with 3-4 free or paid extra modules and some small module developed by myself. I will be charging said company for my work of implementing and configuring the system. Said company will be using the system to manage business.

Are there parts of the license forbidding me from doing any of the actions above?
If it is all allowed, is there anything required of me I should be aware of (like explicitly providing the Odoo source code to the client, documenting all changes and configuration, etc.)?
Also, are there any major pitfalls or limitations
(like a limited number of users, limited number of modules, limited number of automatic module installation, not being able to finish deployment without some official Odoo intervention, etc.)?

Please excuse me if this question is a duplicate: I tried searching the forums but found no clear answer. I also searched other resources (the license agreement, questions on other sites, etc.), but I am not very experienced in legal matters and I ultimately could not answer these questions. Some examples from the questions above (limited number of users, limited number of automatic module installation, not being able to finish deployment without some official Odoo intervention, etc.) are what I found in searching the web, but I am not sure if they are correct.

Discard
Best Answer

Hi,

Reading your question it seems you are dealing with Odoo community edition, you can get the Odoo CE from the net and you can install it for other companies. There is no issues in it. Things will be change if you are using Odoo enterprise edition.

If you are changing some codes in the original source code nice to document it in inline(not recommend way). Recommend way is to make the changes by custom modules.

For the Odoo community edition there is no limitation for the number of users, you can create n number of users in your instance. The limitation of users and modules comes along with Odoo enterprise edition, as you are not using the enterprise edition you don't need to worry about it.

For the completion of installation there is no support needed from the Odoo officials, also they doesn't provide the support for the Odoo community edition implementations. You can set up the system by your own, and the support is not necessary to complete the installation.

Regarding the paid module you have mentioned, you have to check the license for the corresponding module and see whether it allows redistribution. You can see a file named license inside the module, just read it or check with the author of the module.

Thanks

Discard