Combining couple of fields into one. [Closed]

By
Dr Obx
on 3/28/15, 11:21 AM 744 views

The Question has been closed for reason: not relevant or out dated

by
Dr Obx
on 04/16/2015 17:12:57

Guys, i need some help with. Trying to create product name based on  fields created in form. ex

name = brand + model + size + something and while saving new record name will be combined ans saved as in example. How can i do this ?

I want do it only locally to avoid any issues on other pages. Considering js script added to my module but HOW ?

I need an example.

Because it's Backbone (framework) mixing clear JS with is not the best idea. What do you think guys ?

That's not what i meant, i want do it in Odoo whilst a'm creating a new product so it needs to be a function or something in mymodule.py (preferred) or mymodule.js. All i want to achieve is just add values from field1 + field2 + field3 adn whole string put into the .

Dr Obx
on 3/28/15, 4:23 PM

michel Guénard

--michel Guénard--
| 5 5 8
VIROFLAY, France
--michel Guénard--

VP operations & finance Social entrepreneur Certified Public Accountant Past Chief internal auditor

michel Guénard
On 3/28/15, 12:51 PM

I would first export  to a csv file the list of products with appropriate fields you need to concatenate 

There, concatenate (excel or any spreadsheet/ formula being =concatenate(field brand;" "; field model;" ";field size etc...) what needs to be and then rexport to Odoo

About This Community

This platform is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Register

Odoo Training Center

Access to our E-learning platform and experience all Odoo Apps through learning videos, exercises and Quizz.

Test it now

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 3/28/15, 11:21 AM
Seen: 744 times
Last updated: 4/16/15, 5:13 PM