Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Combining couple of fields into one. [Closed]

By
Dr Obx
on 3/28/15, 11:21 AM 564 views

The Question has been closed for reason: not relevant or out dated

by
Dr Obx
on 04/16/2015 17:12:57

Guys, i need some help with. Trying to create product name based on  fields created in form. ex

name = brand + model + size + something and while saving new record name will be combined ans saved as in example. How can i do this ?

I want do it only locally to avoid any issues on other pages. Considering js script added to my module but HOW ?

I need an example.

Because it's Backbone (framework) mixing clear JS with is not the best idea. What do you think guys ?

That's not what i meant, i want do it in Odoo whilst a'm creating a new product so it needs to be a function or something in mymodule.py (preferred) or mymodule.js. All i want to achieve is just add values from field1 + field2 + field3 adn whole string put into the .

Dr Obx
on 3/28/15, 4:23 PM

michel Guénard

--michel Guénard--
| 5 5 8
VIROFLAY, France
--michel Guénard--

VP operations & finance Social entrepreneur Certified Public Accountant Past Chief internal auditor

michel Guénard
On 3/28/15, 12:51 PM

I would first export  to a csv file the list of products with appropriate fields you need to concatenate 

There, concatenate (excel or any spreadsheet/ formula being =concatenate(field brand;" "; field model;" ";field size etc...) what needs to be and then rexport to Odoo

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 3/28/15, 11:21 AM
Seen: 564 times
Last updated: 4/16/15, 5:13 PM