Odoo Help

combine values from two fields and store them in third field

By
Abdullah Sofan
on 11/17/14, 12:33 PM 729 views

Hi,

I have three fields "First Name",  "Last Name", and "Full name".

1. I want to combine the values of the field  "First Name" and the field  "Last Name" and store the result in the field "Full Name".

2. Can the displayed value of the "Full Name" be updated instantanuosly as I type?

Thanks in advance.

Hello Abdullah

For the first one, yes you can write the onchange method for the 'FirstName' and 'LastName' and combine both values ans store it in 'FullName'. You need to write a common onchange method for both the fields where you can pass on the 'FirstName' and 'LastName' as parameters and return a concatenated string for 'FullName'. Also if you want you can create a field.function and keep watch on 'FirstName' and 'LastName', but that is upto your convinience.

For second one, no you cannot update the 'FullName' instantanuosly while you type in the string in the textbox.

Hope this helps !!.

Can you plz provide a link to simple example code to acheive this?

Abdullah Sofan
on 11/17/14, 2:57 PM

@abdullah i will try to provide the code for this

Emipro Technologies Pvt. Ltd.
on 11/18/14, 6:45 AM

Hi Empiro... any update?

Abdullah Sofan
on 11/19/14, 3:20 AM

About This Community

This platform is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Register

Odoo Training Center

Access to our E-learning platform and experience all Odoo Apps through learning videos, exercises and Quizz.

Test it now

Question tools

2 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 11/17/14, 12:33 PM
Seen: 729 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM