This question has been flagged

I have my OpenERP installation on a separate VPS, running on the default 8069 port.

My site is hosted on a different server with cPanel.

I'm trying to figure out how to add a subdomain (as a CNAME record, right?) as erp.mydomain.com that will resolve to the IP address of the OpenERP server, and it will accept the connection. Right now, all it's doing is redirecting to the Ip address:8069 instead of staying "masked" by my subdomain.domain.com

Any suggestions on how to configure OpenERP/my cPanel dns to get this working would be appreciated!

Happy new year!

Thanks,

Eric

Discard

Hey Eric, Are you running CentOS on your VPS? If so what guide did you follow to install Open ERP? We have a dedicated server with cpanel and WHM running CentOS 6.5 and we would like to install openerp but have not been able to install successfully. Was there a particular guide that worked well for you?

Hey Eric! Did you get our message above?

Author

Hey Marty - Sorry for the late reply, was out for the holiday. We tried getting it to run on CentOS as well without any luck. It's actually running on Ubuntu, and I used this guide for the installation: http://www.theopensourcerer.com/2012/12/how-to-install-openerp-7-0-on-ubuntu-12-04-lts/. Mind you, the OpenERP is on it's own VPS, not running along side cPanel. They don't play well on the same server, from what I've read, and we didn't want to bring down our production environment in the process of trial and error.