Odoo Help

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Closing Pop up after clicking on save in odoo

Drees Far
on 8/4/15, 5:54 AM 977 views

Hello friends!!!

Please, i have a button that opens a pop up.

The problem here is that after creating records in that popup and saving.

It will not close automatically the popup depspite the fact in an other case it will disappear (close).

So, my question is how to control my pop up when i want to close it automatically after clicking on save it will be close and when i want to let open it will appear.

Please help really need an answer.

Thanks and regards.

Solanki Shamji

--Solanki Shamji--
| 5 2 6
Baroda, India
--Solanki Shamji--

Solanki Shamji
On 8/4/15, 6:47 AM

The default behavior for wizard buttons (button  type="object) as of OpenERP is to immediately close the wizard.

The method called by the button can return an action definition dictionary that will be executed.

When you do not want the wizard to close it is usually because you have several steps. As multi-steps wizards usually have different form views, their button methods simply return actions to open the same wizard record using the next step's view or another view.

Thanks for the answer but i didnt understand how to manage it please

Drees Far
on 8/4/15, 6:49 AM

Drees Far

--Drees Far--
| 5 2 6
Tunis, Tunisia
--Drees Far--
Drees Far
On 8/5/15, 7:20 AM

Thanks for the answer friend.

Here is my code:

def edit_data(self, cr, uid, ids, context=None):

mod_obj = self.pool.get('ir.model.data')

res = mod_obj.get_object_reference(cr, uid, 'test_paie', 'test_paie_form')

momo_id = self.read(cr, uid, ids,['id','year','period','employee_id'])

print("momo_id =" , momo_id)

ref_id = self.check_data(cr, uid,momo_id[0]['employee_id'][0],momo_id[0]['year'],momo_id[0]['period'])

return {

'name': 'New Data',

'view_type': 'form',

'view_mode': 'form',

'view_id': [res and res[1] or False],

'res_model': 'test_paie',

'context': {'default_employee_id':momo_id[0]['employee_id'][0],'default_period' : str(momo_id[0]['period']), 'default_year' : str(momo_id[0]['year'])},

'type': 'ir.actions.act_window',

'nodestroy': True,

'target': 'new',

'flags' : { 'action_buttons' : True,},

'res_id': ref_id,

return {}

Serpent Consulting Services Pvt. Ltd.

--Serpent Consulting Services Pvt. Ltd.--
| 6 6 8
Gandhinagar, India
--Serpent Consulting Services Pvt. Ltd.--

Serpent Consulting Services Pvt. Ltd. Your Odoo/OpenERP Solution, just an email away!

Serpent Consulting Services Pvt. Ltd.
On 8/5/15, 7:17 AM

If you used the wizard, the Save and Close buttons(on footer) will automatically close the pop up. If you are doing a call of method from wizard, you must return {'type': 'ir.actions.act_window_close'} and your purpose will be served.

If you used dialog box from JS, you must use window.close for that.

How did you manage to add the pop up?

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Asked: 8/4/15, 5:54 AM
Seen: 977 times
Last updated: 8/5/15, 7:20 AM