Odoo Help

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Close wizard when message error is closed

on 5/18/16, 9:01 AM 265 views

I create a wizard that it's called when I select 2 or more elements in the tree view. 
The field that is in the wizard has an on_change that return a domain if the conditions are true, but when one of them is false I want to show an error message. 
And I used 

raise osv.except_osv(_('Error'), _('You have selected 1 or more tickets of different partners.'))
The problem is when I display this error and the user click in the button of the message error to close it, I want the wizard close too.
On 5/18/16, 11:43 AM

Hi Celia, when a error message is showed with popup, the python execution is stopped (It has been thrown an exception), and the control is managed by javascript.

You should change the javascript functionality for your purpose.

On 5/18/16, 3:26 PM

Juan Vicente I see that answer in others answers, but if I close the wizard I can't display an error message. :(

Isaac, do you know where and how I have to do the change necessary in JavaScript code? 

Thanks for your answer! And ideas! ^^   

Juan Vicente Pascual
On 5/18/16, 9:53 AM

take a look at this,

return {'type': 'ir.actions.act_window_close'}

Kind Regards.

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Asked: 5/18/16, 9:01 AM
Seen: 265 times
Last updated: 5/18/16, 3:26 PM