Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Clone attachments to another environment

By
Manuel Pérez
on 2/4/15, 12:38 PM 559 views

Hi,

I've clonned a database to another server and copied over the attachments from the original environment under /home/odoo/.local/share/Odoo/filestore on the new environment. So far so good, the old attachments are visible from the clonned application, but when I try to create new attachments these are simply not stored in the corresponding OS-ubuntu 14.04 folder and I get the following error message:

OSError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory

The attachment referenced in the error message has actually not been created. The 'document' addon is installed in the system.

Do you have some kind of guide or steps to follow to clone an environment attachments included?

Thanks in advance.

Daniel Blanco
On 2/16/15, 4:38 PM

777 can be a not-so-good temporary solution. Check if the user who is running the instance (i.e. "odoo" ) has enough right to read/write the file. This is what you will need. For example, 755 should be good. Of course, owner of the share should be that user. Perhaps you copied as root, and this is the problem.

Thanks for the observation Daniel, I agree with you.

Manuel Pérez
on 2/17/15, 4:56 AM

This was my problem. Copied filestore as root. Thanks.

Markl
on 5/19/15, 9:24 AM
Manuel Pérez
On 2/4/15, 2:24 PM

FYI: had to apply 777 permissions to fix the issue

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

2 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 2/4/15, 12:38 PM
Seen: 559 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM