This question has been flagged

Hello,

I'm trying to add the customer's order ref from the originating sale.order to the list view of "Order lines to invoice" - I can't see how to reference that field though; and I'm not sure how to find out if it's brought through under a different name (e.g. it's partner_ref or 'name' in other places)

Any suggestions gragefully received!

Thanks in advance, Neil

Discard

You will need an on change function so get this done. a function that picks the ref when he sales order is confirmed. Then you will need to inherit the invoice class where you want to display it and add a field ref where the ref from sales order will be displayed.

This module https://www.openerp.com/apps/6.1/account_invoice_client_order_ref/ should get you started - remember that there can be more than one sale order represented by a single invoice, that's why this module only grabs the first one.

Author

Thanks guys, I was poking around in sale.py and managed to create a lot of error messages - my Python is not great - will have a look through that module for ideas :)

Author

Just to update this, a small function added to the sale_order_line class, and the column added by fields.function was able to bring the client_order_ref through. Each order line can only belong to one sale order and therefore one client ref so I am happy this way. Thanks for your help chaps.