Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Client order ref on delivery orders

By
Roberto Barreiro
on 12/22/14, 6:25 AM 2,395 views

I'm working under odoo v8, and i'm trying to pass the client_order_ref from sale orders to delivery orders. I could create a new field on delivery orders, called client_order_ref, but I can't pass the value of this field from sale order to delivery order, my custom field is always empty.

Code of my module:

from openerp.osv import fields, osv

class stock_picking(osv.osv):
        _inherit = "stock.picking"
        _columns = {
                'client_order_ref': fields.char('Reference/Description', copy=True),
        }

class sale_order(osv.osv):
        _inherit = "sale.order"

def _prepare_order_line_procurement(self, cr, uid, order, line, group_id=False, context=None):
                date_planned = self._get_date_planned(cr, uid, order, line, order.date_order, context=context)
                return {
                        'client_order_ref': order.client_order_ref,  # I tried with 'blabla' instead order.client_order_ref and field is still empty
                        'name': line.name,
                        'origin': order.name,
                        'date_planned': date_planned,
                        'product_id': line.product_id.id,
                        'product_qty': line.product_uom_qty,
                        'product_uom': line.product_uom.id,
                        'product_uos_qty': (line.product_uos and line.product_uos_qty) or line.product_uom_qty,
                        'product_uos': (line.product_uos and line.product_uos.id) or line.product_uom.id,
                        'company_id': order.company_id.id,
                        'group_id': group_id,
                        'invoice_state': (order.order_policy == 'picking') and '2binvoiced' or 'none',
                        'sale_line_id': line.id
                }

The code of my view

<openerp>
<data>
        <record id="client_order_ref_stock_view_picking_form" model="ir.ui.view">
                <field name="name">client.order.ref.stock.view.picking.form</field>
                <field name="model">stock.picking</field>
                <field name="type">form</field>
                <field name="inherit_id" ref="stock.view_picking_form"/>
                <field name="arch" type="xml">
                        <field name="origin" position="before">
                                <field name="client_order_ref"/>
                        </field>
                </field>
        </record>
</data>
</openerp>

I tried this with the same result, the custom flied still is empty: def _prepare_order_line_procurement(self, cr, uid, order, line, group_id=False, context=None): vals = super(sale_order, self)._prepare_order_line_procurement(cr, uid, order, line, group_i$ vals.update({'client_order_ref': 'blabla'}) return vals

Roberto Barreiro
on 12/22/14, 7:01 AM
Roberto Barreiro
On 12/26/14, 11:33 AM

Thanks to Emipro Technologies, he puts me on the path and I could make it works with this code:

class stock_move(osv.osv):
    _inherit = "stock.move"

def _picking_assign(self, cr, uid, move_ids, procurement_group, location_from, location_to, context=None):

# Call super function
        res = super(stock_move, self)._picking_assign(cr, uid, move_ids, procurement_group, location_from, location_to, context=context)

# Get move id
        move = self.browse(cr, uid, move_ids, context=context)[0]

# Get the values from the move
        order_obj = self.pool.get("sale.order")
        order_id = order_obj.search(cr, uid, [('name','=', move.origin)], context=context)
        vals = order_obj.read(cr, uid, order_id, ['client_order_ref'])

# Get client reference from move values
        for value in vals:
            if value.has_key('client_order_ref'):
                order_ref = value['client_order_ref']
        # If exists client reference update stock picking client_order_ref field
        if order_ref:
            stock_pick_obj = self.pool.get("stock.picking")
            stock_pick_id = stock_pick_obj.search(cr, uid, [('origin', '=', move.origin)], context=context)
            stock_pick_obj.write(cr, uid, stock_pick_id, {'client_order_ref': order_ref}, context=context)
        return

Emipro Technologies Pvt. Ltd.

--Emipro Technologies Pvt. Ltd.--
Tiny ERP Pvt Ltd
http://www.odoo.com
| 6 7 8
Rajkot, India
--Emipro Technologies Pvt. Ltd.--

Being an emerging leader in IT market since 2011, Emipro Technologies Pvt. Ltd. has been providing a wide range of business solutions in Odoo & Magento. We are pleased to have a large pool of contented customers with our meticulous work in the domain of ERP & e-Commerce. A ray of relief & satisfaction to  our customers heart by our successful deployment in their organization, purely represents our success in Odoo platform. Hence, we take pride for being an Odoo partner with a vision of expanding our strategic alliances with our customers to offer them high value-added, trustworthy & cost effective solutions.

Since establishment, our business has span across 11 countries of the world. Our customers are companies of all sizes ranging from start-ups to large enterprises, who realize that they need a professional business solutions to generate revenue streams, establish proper communication channels or streamline business operations. Standing with strong determination of customer satisfaction, observing each minute detail of their business processes, providing proper guidance and moving forth to develop product accordingly adds our value and reliability among our customers. 

We are blessed with efficient, passionate & eclectic young developers who have come across almost all kinds of business profiles, working with full dedication, applying creativity & new features in existing modules and completing customer's projects successfully on predefined target. Our in-depth knowledge while giving business solutions in Odoo allows us to offer following services to our customers :

• Consulting
  • Installation, Configuration & Customization
  • Training & Support
  • Maintenance
  • Upgradation
  • Documentation
  • Crafting community modules
  • Drafting videos on demand
  • Smart Apps development

We will be :) to welcome you @ www.emiprotechnologies.com to solve any kind of your business needs around Odoo. However we are just an inch away from you by email info@emiprotechnologies.com or a tweet to @EmiproTech

On 12/22/14, 7:53 AM

@Roberto

you have added the field in the 'stock.picking' model and you are writing/extending your code for creating a procurement line.
You should override _picking_assign method of stock.move model and try to fit in your code in it.

In this method new picking is getting created try look into that

Hope this helps

Thanks for your answer, i think i'm near, but I can't take the last step. I have this code: class stock_move(osv.osv): _inherit = "stock.move" def _picking_assign(self, cr, uid, move_ids, procurement_group, location_from, location_to, context=None): move = self.browse(cr, uid, move_ids, context=context)[0] order_obj = self.pool.get("sale.order") order_id = order_obj.search(cr, uid, [('name','=', move.origin)]) client_reference = order_obj.read(cr, uid, order_id, 'client_order_ref', context=None) res = super(stock_move, self)._picking_assign(cr, uid, move_ids, procurement_group, location_from, location_$ res.update({'client_order_ref': client_reference}) return res But i fails on this line "res.update({'client_order_ref': client_reference})". The error is this: ValueError: "'bool' object has no attribute 'update'" while evaluating u'action_ship_create()'

Roberto Barreiro
on 12/23/14, 12:33 PM

Sorry, i don't know how to post my code on a comment.

Roberto Barreiro
on 12/23/14, 12:34 PM

@Roberto This method returns a "boolean" value so you can't use "update()" method on it. You will have to copy full method from that core module and paste it in your module and then you have to fit in your code. That means you will be totally overriding that method. Let me know if that works or not.

on 12/24/14, 12:06 AM

Thanks dude! Finally i could do it.

Roberto Barreiro
on 12/26/14, 11:32 AM

But I didn't like the solution of copy-paste-modify. It takes me a few days, but I could use super for mantain original code, and make my own code to update the record created by _picking_assign

Roberto Barreiro
on 12/26/14, 11:39 AM
Santi
On 3/15/15, 1:08 PM

I have tried Roberto's code and it works for passing one field, but I would like to pass multiple custom fields instead of only one. How can I acheive this with the minimal code possible?

EDIT 16/03/2015 23:19:

I got it working yesterday with this code, through trial and error...but I'm sure I'm missing something, and I'm afraid I might get some error sooner or later...so if there's any suggestions, they'd be highly appreciated:

The 4 fields I want to pass are:

'x_work_order_id',

'x_installation_id',

'x_tc_type_id',

'client_order_ref'

class stock_move(osv.osv):
    _inherit = "stock.move"
    def _picking_assign(self, cr, uid, move_ids, procurement_group, location_from, location_to, context=None):
        # Call super function
        res = super(stock_move, self)._picking_assign(cr, uid, move_ids, procurement_group, location_from, location_to, context=context)
# Get move id move = self.browse(cr, uid, move_ids, context=context)[0]
# Get the values from the move order_obj = self.pool.get("sale.order") order_id = order_obj.search(cr, uid, [('name','=', move.origin)], context=context) vals = order_obj.read(cr, uid, order_id, [ 'x_work_order_id', 'x_installation_id', 'x_tc_type_id',         'client_order_ref' ])
# Get client reference from move values for value in vals: x_work_order_id = value['x_work_order_id'] x_installation_id = value['x_installation_id'] x_tc_type_id = value['x_tc_type_id'] x_client_order_ref = value['client_order_ref']
# If exists client reference update stock picking x_work_order_id field if x_work_order_id: stock_pick_obj = self.pool.get("stock.picking") stock_pick_id = stock_pick_obj.search(cr, uid, [('origin', '=', move.origin)], context=context) stock_pick_obj.write(cr, uid, stock_pick_id, { 'x_work_order_id': x_work_order_id, 'x_installation_id': x_installation_id, 'x_tc_type_id': x_tc_type_id, 'x_client_order_ref': x_client_order_ref }, context=context) return stock_move ()

Try this before the stock_pick_obj.write function, and change it with the parameters of this example: vals = {'your_field_1' : your_value_1, 'your_field_2' : your_value_2, 'your_flied_3' : your_value_3} stock_pick_obj.write(cr, uid, stock_pick_id, vals, context=context)

Roberto Barreiro
on 3/16/15, 5:12 AM

I tried your suggestion, but it didn't work, I'm sure some extra code is necessary...

Santi
on 3/16/15, 6:18 PM

I tried your suggestion, but it didn't work, I'm sure some extra code is necessary...

Santi
on 3/16/15, 6:18 PM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

2 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 12/22/14, 6:25 AM
Seen: 2395 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 6:25 PM