This question has been flagged
3 Replies

Hi, i just installed openerp on a windows 7 machine for testing. I would like to install the click2dial module but there is no import button.

How do i import this module?

Discard
Best Answer

On the site of the module author you have detailed step-by-step instructions on how to install it.

You can download the module from the OpenERP Apps site. Then install it using bazaar.

In case the link is broken here is a copy/paste from the site:

The OpenERP-Asterisk connector is made of 2 modules :

• asterisk_click2dial : this is the main module, that everybody should install. This module has been fully developped by Akretion.

• asteriskclick2dialcrm : an additionnal module that you should install only if you are interested in the additionnal CRM-specific features. This module has initially been developped by the Spanish company Zikzakmedia and later enhanced by Akretion.

These modules should be installed on OpenERP just like any OpenERP module. The source code of the module is available on the dedicated project OpenERP-Asterisk connector on Launchpad :

The version of OpenERP 6.1 is currently the main focus of development ; some features are only available in this version.

These modules require two additional Python libraries : phonenumbers and py-Asterisk. To install the library phonenumbers, run:

% sudo pip install phonenumbers

The pip command is the successor of easy_install and is the official tool to install Python libraries. If you don't have this tool on your system, install the corresponding package (package python-pip on Debian/Ubuntu systems).

To install the library py-Asterisk, you can't use the pip install command because you need a very recent version which is not yet in Pypi. In fact, you need to have this commit which is dated November 20th, 2012. So you should get the source from the project py-asterisk on Google code :

% hg clone https://code.google.com/p/py-asterisk/
% cd py-asterisk
% sudo python ./setup.py install

The hg command is part of the Mercurial version control system. If you don't have this tool on your system, install the corresponding package (package mercurial on Debian/Ubuntu systems).

Note : the module named asterisk in the extra-addons repository is not related to this connector. The asterisk_click2dial module doesn’t depend on it.

Discard
Best Answer

Hello,

Could someone please explain step by step how to install theses two libraries on Windows.

Please !!!! I found how to install the module with bazaar but I'm stuck with the libraries !

Thanks

Discard

hi Mickael, Where are you stuck exactly ?

Hello Nicolas, I have two problems.

First : I don’t know if I install a new version of Python, how to use it in OpenErp. Because there is some tuto (not a lot) on how to install librairies with python.

Second : I don’t khow to install theses two libraries with the existing python environment of OpenErp. I’m on windows 64. Thanks

Best Answer

Hi,

you can use ActiveState ActivePython for windows, to install py-asterisk. Download and install ActivePython2.7 community edition.

Run PyPM as administrator. In the command prompt, execute:

pip install phonenumbers

and

pip install py-asterisk

to install phonenumbers and Asterisk

Then, go to ActivePython installation directory, in /Lib/site-packages, and copy Asterisk and phonenumbers folders to OpenERP directory under /Server/server/

From the OpenERP install the 3 phonenumbers modules and then install Click2dial and click2dailCRM.

They should install without issues.

Discard