This question has been flagged
1 Reply

I'd like to figure out a way to have a checkbox next to the product lines in orders, invoices and pickings, so that I can mark certain lines for not printing in reports. 

There are several reasons for this requirement, some products shouldn't appear in picking reports (For example, products that have been assembled in a larger product as part of a repair and are not sent as individual products. e.g a HDD being sent inside a repaired laptop. Only the laptop should appear in the picking, not the laptop + a HDD ) or others shouldn't appear to the client in Invoices (for example the components of a Pack/Kit).

So, I would like to be able to control what gets printed in the reports by simply marking what product lines I don't want to print. Has anyone implemented something similar? Can someone shed some light on how I can accomplish this?

My programming knowledge is pretty basic, but I've already created my own modules with different modifications...so by knowing the code necessary for this modification, I could easily implement it. I'm using OpenERP 7.0 and base_report_designer with Open Office for my report designs.

Discard
Best Answer

Hi,

An alternative would be:

• Add a Boolean field in sale.order.line indicating whether you want or no to print that line.
  • You can set a default value for that field (whichever is more common to print or not).
  • You could also set in products a default value (print or not) that is led to the sale.order.line but can be modified.
  • Then you should modify the report and add a condition to print or not the lines.

If you need help developing, of course you can contact us.

Regards,

Javier Diez - Ing ADHOC

Discard