Odoo is the world's easiest all-in-one management software. It includes hundreds of business apps:
CRM | e-Commerce | Accounting | Inventory | PoS | Project management | MRP | etc.
Can OpenERP 7 check an imap mail server for more than one email address?
I have 2 users, John and Jill. They each have a separate email address: firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com. Is it possible to configure OpenERP so that both of these users get emails sent to their individual addresses in their OpenERP inbox?
If so, how?
Yes, its possible with OpenERP. You need to configure Incoming Mail Servers for both users from Settings --> Emails --> Incoming Mail Server. After creating, Click on Test & Confirm button to make sure that incoming server for both users are well-configured. If everything seems ok, Click on Fetch Now button from both records. Optional, There is also a scheduler for fetchmail process which will trigger after every 5 minutes. Hope, this will help you.
Thanks, Priyesh Solanki
IMHO, the best way to achieve your original need is :
- setup a catch-all address at your mail provider.
- don't have to set up any "Actions to Perform on Incoming Mails"; neither "Create a New Record " nor "Server Action".
- be sure your Alias Domain is set properly (in Settings\Configuration\General settings).
- configure the "Fetchmail Service" to be active and ran regularly
- set all your user's alias for it to match the mail address
The reason why you don't want to set up an incoming mail server per user is obvious :
- what about you have hundreds users ?
- you don't want the administrator to have to change the OpenERP configuration each time the mailbox password change.
My 2cents, Marc.
PS: please vote if you find this answer useful.
About This Community
This platform is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.Register
Odoo Training Center
Access to our E-learning platform and experience all Odoo Apps through learning videos, exercises and Quizz.Test it now
|Asked: 4/4/13, 1:48 AM|
|Seen: 4166 times|
|Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM|