Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Check Writing

By
David
on 1/12/15, 3:11 AM 1,022 views

Hi all,

I am having issues with the way the check printing module generates the check.  We are using standard American checks printed in the middle.  See the image for issues including lack of top and bottom stubs, incorrect placement of numerical dollar value, and lack of check number. (Apparently I need 30 karma or more to post pictures.)

Has anyone else had these issues?

what is the url to your image?

Stephen Mack
on 1/12/15, 4:51 AM

Stephen Mack- Here is an image showing the problem: http://imgur.com/WBfgL69

David
on 1/12/15, 2:01 PM
Tanveer Singh
On 1/13/15, 11:54 AM

Hi David,

The Check is a simple Odoo report. To edit it, first ensure you are logged in as administrator or any other user having "Technical Features" access. Then perform the following steps:

1. Go to Settings -> Reports
  2. Search for "Check"
  3. Look for a record with "Template Name" = account_check_writing.report_check. Click on the record to open it.
  4. Click on the link "Search accociated QWEB views"
  5. Normally there should be only one view here (can be more also)
  6. Open this view and edit it as required (basic QWEB and HTML knowledge is required).
  7. Now try to print a Check.

I hope by following the above you shall be able to edit the Check report format. Please also see that the report uses proper "Paper Format" as required by you. If you post the exact final check format you need, I can help you by providing the Check View that would output a properly formatted check.

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

2 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 1/12/15, 3:11 AM
Seen: 1022 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM