This question has been flagged
1 Reply

If I have a Delivery Order with status Waiting Availability, I can select either the Check Availability or Force Availability button.

If the uom is of category "Weight", it does a correct check. Eg. I have 3 x 20kg of product X on stock, than I can proceed if the Delivery Order does contain 3 or less x 20kg of product X. If the Delivery Order contains more than 3, I have to use Force Availability, if I want to get to the next status (Ready To Deliver). So far, so good.

If I have a product Y with a different uom category, for example Unit, above does not apply. If I use Check Availability for an order for 2 sprayguns and the stock for these products is zero, it just accepts it and sets the status to Ready To Deliver. Even when the Forecast is negative and the line in products overview is in red.

If I have a combination of products with different uom categories and from both is no stock, let's say product X (Weight) and product Y (unit), Check Availability leaves the status of product X to Waiting Availability and sets the status of product Y to Available. The Delivery Order itself gets also status Ready To Deliver. I even can "Deliver" this Delivery Order, setting the status of both products to Done.

Resume: Check Availability works for uom of category weight and fails for all other uom categories. Someone with the same experience or knows a solution?

Discard
Author

Problem 50% solved. Product type changed to "Stockable". The error with delivery orders with 2 or more products does exist. If one of the products is on stock, you can confirm & deliver the whole delivery order, including products not on stock, creating negative stock of stockable products.

Author Best Answer

Firstly: Appearantly “Product Type” is the key here, Stockable vs Consumable.

Secondly: On the delivery order view a selection field is missing / not shown.

You cannot select "deliver all products at once", hence when one product is available, you can deliver the whole order.

If the delivery order is created from a sales order, and you select "deliver all products at once" at the sales order, the delivery order will be blocked until all items are available.

Discard
Author

Not completely, like stated above. The Check Availability passes if one of the products of a Delivery Order is on stock. Fails to check all products, thus not preventing negative stock. An unconcentrated worker who trusts this feature can easely make mistakes.

Author

See the answer, a field is missing on the delivery order view.