Odoo Help

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

check_access_rule orm method

on 5/2/14, 4:40 PM 1,106 views

By looking at the openerp orm method document i am not able to understand what is use of check_access_rule orm method and when to use it? Can you explain with an example?

Hello Shanky, this method is invoked by CRUD methods at the ORM level, I don't think you would get any benefit by directly invoking it. It's purpose has already been explained by Sudhir.

Marvin Taboada
on 11/12/15, 10:52 AM

Sudhir Arya (SA)

--Sudhir Arya (SA)--
| 6 8 8
Ahmedabad, India
--Sudhir Arya (SA)--

Working as an OpenERP/Odoo developer and a Team Leader 

Top 5 Odoo contributor On Stackoverflow

Sudhir Arya (SA)
On 11/12/15, 10:22 AM

Hello Shanky,

check_access_rule(...) method is used to check the Record Rules for the object and for current logged in user and according to defined rule user will have access on the object (Read, Write, Create, Delete).

This method skips record rules for Super Admin user (SUPERUSER_ID) (user with ID 1).

Hope this will help you a bit to understand the working of the method.

Jagdish Panchal

--Jagdish Panchal--
| 5 3 6
Gandhinagar, India
--Jagdish Panchal--

OpenERP Developer

Jagdish Panchal
On 5/3/14, 1:42 AM

This link may help you

Hi, thanks for your quick reply but i have already read this document but i couldn;t understand its actual purpose. When and Why to use check_access_rule method?

on 5/3/14, 3:10 AM

Using this method you get access for field, object etc. If you want see example then go document module in that module document.py file line number 84 there is example of this method.

Jagdish Panchal
on 5/3/14, 3:19 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Asked: 5/2/14, 4:40 PM
Seen: 1106 times
Last updated: 11/12/15, 10:52 AM