This question has been flagged
2 Replies

Messages in private channels are not displayed and there are no notifications. I've configured longpolling and enabled workers but there are no notifications but I think that's due to that messages are not displayed in private channels.

The general channel works, but not the private. I've added both users as followers to the channel, there are no error in odoo log or in the browser console.

The message has the correct channel id in res_id and model. So I don't understand why there are not shown. 

Do I have to enable anything or what can be the problem? 

Discard

Hi Samo, suddenly it is happening to me too. Some idea wellcome

Author

Sorry have none. I couldn't fix it.

I have the same issue

PS:

Messages are saved correctly in mail_message table

Channel is created

But the issue come because of the mail_message_mail_channel_rel is not updated (This table represent the many2many relation between mail_message & mail_channel

One chat channel is working (2 users only can chat and they can see the messages they send, but other users no ..

Any idea how we can solve this issue ?

I think I solved this problem. Mail.followers was not populated by the mail.channel, in my case.due to a module to avoid followers auto subscribe in SO. So I disabled the module, cancelled the channel from technical settings and restarted the chat.

Best Answer

I confirm the same problem and the solution is updating the table many2many relation between mail_channel and mail_message. I am investigating why this is happening. Should be something related to the users, since it's happening only with some users. Thanks for sharing

Discard
Author

hi, can you explain how you updated the m2m relation table?

with a sql query... :-/

I am still looking for the method doing it on odoo code, to understand what is generating the issue

I think I solved this problem. Mail.followers was not populated by the mail.channel, in my case.due to a module to avoid followers auto subscribe in SO. So I disabled the module, cancelled the channel from technical settings and restarted the chat.

Author

Nice that you solved it. Yeah I doing something similar with projects and tasks.

Best Answer

Hi
I confirm the same problem. I found my mail_message_mail_channel_rel empty, so i am wondering  how to update it? (I am no SQL programmer, but a very little), if someone has a sample for me?

best regards

Jan

Discard

Hi,
I don't think that I have module messing with the channels but I am facing the same issue.
At least two internal users can't send chat messages between them, but can send them to me.
mail_message_mail_channel_rel empty for their channel.
Did you find a solution ?
I am on odoo12 community