This question has been flagged
1 Reply

I'm running openERP 7 on debian. When I go to Accounting-> Customers-> create-> accounting-> Account Receivable, the drop down list from where to choose account receivable does not give you all the configured accounts but only one i.e(debtors account) and a 'create and edit' option.

Ideally, you must have access to the whole configured chart of accounts to choose from, instead of creating another. What happens when you create an account for a receivables account which is already created in your initial chart anyway? Is this a bug?

Discard
Best Answer

The entire configured chart of accounts is not available to select from because only Accounts of Internal Type = Receivable can be used in OpenERP for managing receivables.

Since all receivable accounts are shown, you would see an existing account in this list. If you see one, there is only one in your chart.

Discard

There seems to be some other bug because all new accounts I create under Accounting -> Configuration -> Accounts -> Accounts do not appear in the dropdown. The only option I get is Create and Edit. I have set the Receivable internal type as you suggest and have tried multiple companies. It doesn't work. If I Create and Edit it will let me save. Then, when I try a new customer, the newly created account I made with the previous customer does not appear either.

I believe this is a bug for non-system created accounts. Which is a problem because I've deleted all the system created accounts and made all new ones.