This question has been flagged
1 Reply

Hello,

I have a problem with the chart of taxes when it is configured for the application of two different taxes on a product (as in the province of Québec, Canada, where there is a provincial sales tax and a federal sales tax). Please see this image: imgur.com/ihQUmL1 When you have a look at "Base de taxes", it seems to be adding "Base de la TPS" to "Base de la TVP" - while, in fact, the Basis for the tax calculation is the same. Is this a bug or a local problem? Has someone encountered this behavior before?

The second, more important part of the problem, is that the tax calculation itself is wrong, because it doesn't properly calculate refunds. When I click on "TPS reçue", which in the overview is at 190.65, I see that: imgur.com/J832To4, so in the credit column 162.63 and in the debit column 28.02. The debits is there because a refund or cancellation of an invoice has taken place. Obviously, the received taxes are Debit (minus) credit, so 134.61, NOT Debit (plus) Credit.

Has anybody else encountered that? Should I open a bug report or is this a problem with my local configuration?

Thanks!

Discard
Best Answer

Have you configured the following correctly?

In Accounting -> Configurations -> Taxes -> Tax Codes

Base Purchases + Tax Purchases to have Coefficent for parent = -1

Base Sales + Tax Sales to have Coefficent for parent = 1

In Accounting -> Configurations -> Taxes -> Taxes

• Sale Tax (Invoices): Base Code Sign + Tax Code Sign = 1
  • Sale Tax (Refunds): Base Code Sign + Tax Code Sign = -1
  • Purchases Tax (Invoices): Base Code Sign + Tax Code Sign = -1
  • Purchases Tax (Refunds): Base Code Sign + Tax Code Sign = 1

Hope this configurations will help you..%

Discard
Author

Hello again Anas,

It seems like you were completely right, this is the solution. a) ONLY Base Purchases + Tax Purchases need to have coefficient -1 - the actual sums need to stay positive (so that it gets substracted only once, as -- is +)

b) I forgot to set the refund and invoice code signs on the children as well - silly me!

B changes (refunds) will only kick in with new invoices.

Thank you very much for your help!

Glad to hear it, you may want to vote up and/or mark this answer as the best answer, so others can benefit too..%

How did you make the red color text on your post???? I want to do it!