Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Characteristics required to install OpenERP in production and development

By
Samba Faye
on 8/12/13, 8:11 AM 2,037 views

Hello I'd like to know what are the features Machine (RAM, hard disk, processor speed) required to install OpenERP in production environment and development?

UPDATE (MOVED FROM ANSWER BACK TO THE QUESTION):

For production this is a meaningless question without knowing a TON more about your SPECIFIC environment. I'll use Fedora 18 or Fedora 19.

You will need enough RAM; fast enough and large enough disks; fast enough and as many processors as you need to support your users (how many?); I need to support 10000 users

what they do (read?, write?) They will do both actions(read and write)

100 times a minute?) Yes 100times a minute

PostgreSQL is really the thing you should be concentrating on. If it runs fast enough and is accessible enough then OpenERP should be fine How can I make PostgreSQL runs fast enough and accessible enough?

Samba Faye
On 8/13/13, 9:25 AM

For production this is a meaningless question without knowing a TON more about your SPECIFIC environment. I'll use Fedora 18 or Fedora 19.

You will need enough RAM; fast enough and large enough disks; fast enough and as many processors as you need to support your users (how many?); I need to support 10000 users

what they do (read?, write?) They will do both actions(read and write)

100 times a minute?) Yes 100times a minute

PostgreSQL is really the thing you should be concentrating on. If it runs fast enough and is accessible enough then OpenERP should be fine How can I make PostgreSQL runs fast enough and accessible enough?

Ray Carnes

--Ray Carnes--
| 9 7 9
Greater Los Angeles, United States
--Ray Carnes--

Senior Odoo Analyst

OpenERP 6.1, 7.0 and Odoo 8.0, 9.0 (Since 2012)

Completed Functional and Technical Training.

Major Skills:

• Needs Discovery and Requirements Analysis;

• Function and Technical Specifications;

• Project Planning;

• Prototyping and Proof of concepts;

• Data migration;

• Configuration & Customization (UI and modules);

• Integration - data, business logic and service levels;

• Training and Knowledge transfer;

• Go Live support;

• Help desk;

• Version Migration.

I have over 20 years of experience empowering and enabling users with enterprise information systems that make a real and measurable difference in their ability to proactively manage their businesses and organizations. 

Ray Carnes
On 8/13/13, 12:33 AM

For production this is a meaningless question without knowing a TON more about your SPECIFIC environment.

You will need enough RAM; fast enough and large enough disks; fast enough and as many processors as you need to support your users (how many?); what they do (read?, write?) and how often they do it (once a day?, 100 times a minute?)

PostgreSQL is really the thing you should be concentrating on. If it runs fast enough and is accessible enough then OpenERP should be fine - there aren't really any configuration settings with OpenERP (plus it is bound by network and disk I/O - unless you want to start profiling and changing source code).

This question has been asked SO MANY times before, you can start reviewing some of the answers at https://accounts.openerp.com/forum/Help-1/question/9079

Development: 512MB RAM, ANY CPU, ANY DISK with about 4GB (OS + PostgreSQL + OpenERP). A virtual machine or Amazon micro instance makes for a perfect development machine for a single developer.

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 8/12/13, 8:11 AM
Seen: 2037 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM