Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Changing Product ID

By
Barbara
on 4/11/16, 1:47 PM 357 views

Is it possible to change the main product ID once it is on Odoo?

I sell books and it would be practical to have the ISBN as the ID. But i realized it when i have already imported 200-300 books. They have now their automatic ID, like for instance "3619".

If i managed to have the ISBN as the id it would be much easier to update from the data sources publishers have.

Ermin Trevisan

--Ermin Trevisan--
| 6 3 7
Walchwil, Switzerland
--Ermin Trevisan--

Ermin Trevisan
On 4/11/16, 3:09 PM

You can use the field "Internal Reference" or add a new field for that purpose. There are also modules to add custom product identifiers. But never touch the Unique identifier of an any system, also Odoo, if you don't want to mess it up.

Exactly, you can use the internal reference and show this in the quotation/order for example. +1 Ermin.

Yenthe
on 4/12/16, 2:11 AM

Thanks Yenthe :-) If only somebody could help me with my simple problem, I already spent hours trying different methods to no avail and I'm sure you know it immediately...https://www.odoo.com/forum/help-1/question/9-0-my-first-simple-module-element-div-cannot-be-located-in-parent-view-100475

Ermin Trevisan
on 4/12/16, 2:42 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 4/11/16, 1:47 PM
Seen: 357 times
Last updated: 4/11/16, 3:09 PM