Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Changing module translation v7

By
Alex
on 4/8/13, 7:22 AM 1,490 views

I am trying to change some translations in a module. So I have entered in i18n folder and I have looked for the spanish file (es.po) and inside of it I have changed the terms what I want to translate more accurate in msgstr section.

But when I restart my server nothing changes. What am I doing wrong?

Try with new database

Parth Gajjar
on 4/8/13, 7:31 AM

Naresh Soni (nch)

--Naresh Soni (nch)--
Tiny ERP Pvt Ltd
http://www.odoo.com
| 2 2 4
India
--Naresh Soni (nch)--

Team Lead, Odoo(Formerly OpenERP) Support & OPW

Naresh Soni (nch)
On 4/8/13, 8:03 AM

Hello A2P,

If you have your language installed and then you are making changes to the *.po then you need to update all the modules loaded. by restarting your server with -u all option.

Or if the langunge is not installed then just installing it will do the job.

Or Finally create a new database.

Thanks,

updating the modules works

omar bajunaid
on 4/8/13, 9:33 AM

That's nice, If my answer has solved your issue please mark it as correct answer

Naresh Soni (nch)
on 4/8/13, 9:40 AM

due to restrictions i do not have enough privileges to do so.Another option that works that i think is immediate is by clicking "apply scheduled upgrades" in settings menu.

omar bajunaid
on 4/8/13, 9:58 AM

yes because A2P is the reporter so he can only do this. Regarding other option that's the same as updating a module.

Naresh Soni (nch)
on 4/8/13, 10:05 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 4/8/13, 7:22 AM
Seen: 1490 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM