Odoo Help

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

changing dropdown make a new product

Johan d'Hollander
on 5/27/14, 5:15 AM 611 views

When creating a new product, on the tab 'acquisitions' (verwervingen in dutch) i would like to change the order of the dropdown.

now it is standard 'make stock' but i would like to change it to 'make to order'

i guess its somewhere in the code but i cannot find it.

On 5/27/14, 6:46 AM

You can find the code in "Procurement" addon's "procurement.py" file.

class product_template(osv.osv):

_columns = {
        'type': fields.selection([('product','Stockable Product'),('consu', 'Consumable'),('service','Service')], 'Product Type', required=True, help="Consumable: Will not imply stock management for this product. \nStockable product: Will imply stock management for this product."),
        'procure_method': fields.selection([('make_to_stock','Make to Stock'),('make_to_order','Make to Order')], 'Procurement Method', required=True, help="Make to Stock: When needed, the product is taken from the stock or we wait for replenishment. \nMake to Order: When needed, the product is purchased or produced."),
        'supply_method': fields.selection([('produce','Manufacture'),('buy','Buy')], 'Supply Method', required=True, help="Manufacture: When procuring the product, a manufacturing order or a task will be generated, depending on the product type. \nBuy: When procuring the product, a purchase order will be generated."),
    _defaults = {
        'procure_method': 'make_to_stock',
        'supply_method': 'buy',

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Asked: 5/27/14, 5:15 AM
Seen: 611 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM