Help

Changing default site language does not affect website default language and redirects to /en_US

Bijan Piri

I have loaded my language in odoo and set Website Admin/Settings/language/defualt language to my desired language but it still loads frontend website with /en_US (English language version).

How can I fix it?

Discard
4 Answers
Ermin Trevisan
Best Answer

The website default language is the language which will be used, when your browser language is not supported. 

Example:

Website has 2 versions: french and english, english is the default language.

Your browser language is french: website will be displayed in french

Your browser language is english: website will be displayed in english

Your browser language is german: website will be displayed in english

1 Comment
Discard
Ahad Pashaeeian
-

very nice & professional.

Muhammad kamran
Best Answer

can we have different websites for different languages ? Like English language is written from left to right and Arabic is written right to left if we translate the language as per browser language than the alignment of English language will be applied .. Any suggestion for this ??

Discard
hishig bat
Best Answer

The problem is people in my country (including me) don't use their browsers in their own language, they use it in english instead. :'))

1 Comment
Discard
hishig bat
-

oops. this wasn't an answer. just a comment.

Bijan Piri
Best Answer

Thank you Ermin for your instant and comprehensive answer.

Now, how can I set site default language independent of user browser language?

2 Comments
Discard
Ermin Trevisan
-

?

If you don't want to support any user language, then just use only one language :-)

Bijan Piri
-

No I want to have two language but set default language to my preferred language not user browser language