Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Changing Chart of Account

By
GuruDev
on 6/30/13, 6:42 AM 2,279 views

Hello All, I am using OpenERP V7. At the time of basic configuration, I've chosen Configurable chart of account. I've Configured the Product IDs, Warehouses, and some changes in Groups and Menus etc. I wish to Change my Chart of account. Can I replace the existing COA with out effecting my configuration. Please let me know.

Sudhir Arya (SA)

--Sudhir Arya (SA)--
| 6 8 8
Ahmedabad, India
--Sudhir Arya (SA)--

Working as an OpenERP/Odoo developer and a Team Leader 

Top 5 Odoo contributor On Stackoverflow

LinkedIn

Blog

Stackoverflow

Sudhir Arya (SA)
On 6/30/13, 7:02 AM

I don't think you can change/replace COA once it is configured. You have to create new database and again configure all the stuffs with your desire COA.

Dear Sudhir, Thank you for your reply. It is imossible, even if, there is no data, also?

GuruDev
on 6/30/13, 7:57 AM

Once COA is configured it cannot be changed.

Sudhir Arya (SA)
on 6/30/13, 8:18 AM
vim24
On 6/30/13, 7:33 PM

You can manually add/remove and change accounts (if they haven't got any relating journal entries yet) from Accounting > Configuration > Accounts > Accounts.

But If you want to rerun the configuration wizard to create an automatic COA from a template, I believe you will need to start from scratch or create a new company.

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 6/30/13, 6:42 AM
Seen: 2279 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM