Odoo Help

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Changes made using "Manage views" tab

on 5/2/13, 4:13 AM 1,147 views

I did create some custom fields using "manage views" section like x_gender,x_marital,x_certificates,x_proof etc..I did create a lot of fields like this.But my doubt was is this a recommended way to create fields or should we go to backend and create fields in python code and xml..Will the changes made be constant or they might not get stored in databse due to creation of fields by the above method(manage views)...WILL THERE BE ANY PROBLEM... help me ppl...expecting your reply

Naresh Soni (nch)

--Naresh Soni (nch)--
Tiny ERP Pvt Ltd
| 2 2 4
--Naresh Soni (nch)--

Team Lead, Odoo(Formerly OpenERP) Support & OPW

Naresh Soni (nch)
On 5/2/13, 4:34 AM

Hello Selva,

The Best option for adding new fields and views is to create a module(i.e using python code). How ever sometimes just for a test or some demo you can add through GUI which is faster but that change will be available in that database only and until you don't run an update on that database. So the advantage of a module is that you can just install it whenever you need. i.e Once and for all.

hey hi!! and apart from this i have another doubt...WHen i try to print an image in report i get error as follows (<class 'binascii.Error'>, Error('Incorrect padding',), <traceback object at 0xbcc3964>)

(<class 'binascii.Error'>, Error('Incorrect padding\n handle_pageBegin args=()',), <traceback object at 0x4d00d40>) how can i correct this..The same image and code works perfectly well in sale order and only in crm it is generating an error like this..help me to correct it..its urgent plz...

on 5/6/13, 5:08 AM

which version ? and what code you have written for the image ?

Naresh Soni (nch)
on 5/6/13, 5:18 AM

i am using ubuntu 12.04 and openerp 6.0 and the code what i have written is as follows [[lead.image and setTag('para','image',{'width':'30.0','height':'30.0'})]][[ lead.image ]]...plz help me..

on 5/6/13, 5:30 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Asked: 5/2/13, 4:13 AM
Seen: 1147 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM