This question has been flagged
3 Replies

Hello, I have this situation: a customer purchases some products and then the company delivers it (so I create a stock movement and transfer it). When the customer goes to the company to pay the products, some of them changes the price; so I want to change the unit price of the products before creating the invoice but I can't because the SO is confirmed. I need to confirm the SO because I have to create a stock movement.

What can I solve this situation?   Thanks!    

Discard

Once Sale order is confirmed, it is impossible to change the unit price. Instead you can adjust that amount inside the Invoice.

Author

I inherited sale.py file in custom module and set that price_unit (only this field) is readonly=False. With this I can modify the price unit after than the SO is confirmed. Is there any problem doing this? Thanks for your reply!

Best Answer

@José: Changing the readonly state of the sale order line plays against the selling process

When your custumer places the SO, the product has the "price 1", but when your customer pays his SO, the product has the "price 2".

On such circonstancies you have to change the price on the invoice (when the invoice is in "Draft" state), so you can keep track of the "changing prices" event. Much more, your customer could be angry to see that his SO has changed; keep in mind that a confirmed SO is like a contract between a customer and a seller (=> possible legal issue, depending on local laws)

Discard