Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

change the quotation format

By
sneha antony
on 3/24/14, 2:32 AM 2,073 views

I want to make some changes in the format of quotation generated by openerp now.Which all are the files that are to be changed for the above purpose(also its location)?

shashank verma
On 3/24/14, 2:42 AM

Hello Sneha

Are you talking about purchase quotation generated after confirmation of sale order?

if it so,,here we go

go to sale module-> sale .py

def _prepare_order_line_procurement(self, cr, uid, order, line, move_id, date_planned, context=None):

// after confirming sale order, your orderline information dynamically passes for procurement.

####################

now go to purchase module->purchase.py

def make_po(self, cr, uid, ids, context=None):

// this will make your purchase order quotation

No I meant the sales quotation that come under Sales/Sales/Quotation.I just dont want the Invoice address and the shipping address in the printout of the quotation generated.So how to change the design of the print of the quotation?

sneha antony
on 3/24/14, 2:52 AM

refer this->

go to sale-> report-> edit sale_order.rml file for changing format of your quotation report.

shashank verma
on 3/24/14, 2:59 AM

Thanks Shashank.It worked.

sneha antony
on 3/24/14, 3:13 AM

one more doubt.Is there any option to limit the number of characters in a text field as like that of char in openerp?I want to limit the terms & Conditions to 500 chars.

sneha antony
on 3/24/14, 3:40 AM

'note': fields.text('Notes',size=500)

shashank verma
on 3/24/14, 3:55 AM

Is it possible to edit the .py file for the above change to be done and upgrade the corresponding module to update the change or else I should make another custom field?

sneha antony
on 3/24/14, 4:47 AM

you can edit anything in current py file.

shashank verma
on 3/24/14, 6:44 AM

But the editings made as per your suggesion does not seem to be reflecting in the code

sneha antony
on 3/24/14, 7:36 AM

did you restarted your server by running command:

-u all -d your_database_name

shashank verma
on 3/24/14, 10:34 AM

Thanks Shashank.It worked perfectly.

sneha antony
on 3/25/14, 2:01 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 3/24/14, 2:32 AM
Seen: 2073 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM