Odoo Help

Change the number format in Odoo 8

By
R Irawan
on 10/12/15, 4:53 AM 2,057 views

Hello, I'd like to know how can i change the number format (for currency) in Odoo. At the very least, i want the number formating in POS to be like the following:

• Originally, to write 10,000 it is written as 10000.00 (it is hard to read this)

• Desired output is $ 10,000.00

How can i do  this ? Thanks for your help.

Axel Mendoza
On 10/12/15, 10:04 AM

In the menu /Settings/Translations/Languages select the language you are using and change the field "Separator Format". The value need to be the number of digits that conform a group after insert a "Thousands Separator" character. Read the tooltip of that field for more info

Hi @Axel, i did like what you mentioned how ever the changes i made are not immediately applied. Any ideas ?

R Irawan
on 10/30/15, 4:34 AM

Hi @Axel, i ended up rebooting the server. It works.

R Irawan
on 10/30/15, 4:35 AM

Normally a simply f5 to reload the page is good, needed to load the changes again

Axel Mendoza
on 10/30/15, 4:40 AM

Hi

Of you want to print it from Qweb, you can use : <t t-esc="'{0:,.2f}'.format(int(o.your_ammount))" />

Best Regards

About This Community

This platform is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Register

Odoo Training Center

Access to our E-learning platform and experience all Odoo Apps through learning videos, exercises and Quizz.

Test it now

Question tools

2 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 10/12/15, 4:53 AM
Seen: 2057 times
Last updated: 11/4/16, 11:21 AM