Odoo Help

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Change the number format in Odoo 8

R Irawan
on 10/12/15, 4:53 AM 1,170 views

Hello, I'd like to know how can i change the number format (for currency) in Odoo. At the very least, i want the number formating in POS to be like the following:

• Originally, to write 10,000 it is written as 10000.00 (it is hard to read this)

• Desired output is $ 10,000.00

How can i do  this ? Thanks for your help.

Axel Mendoza

--Axel Mendoza--
| 6 7 8
Camaguey, Cuba
--Axel Mendoza--

DevOps - Full stack - Software Architect - Developer - Technology Integrator

I could help you to develop anything and solve complex problems based on technologies, integrations and tricky stuffs mostly in Python with OpenERP/Odoo, Zato, Django and many others frameworks programming languages and technologies.

I offers consulting services to anyone with an unanswered questions or needs for customizations. Think about it, maybe it's better to have an expert to solve your issues and projects than having a full time employee trying to understand what to do an how

Reach me at aekroft@gmail.com

Axel Mendoza
On 10/12/15, 10:04 AM

In the menu /Settings/Translations/Languages select the language you are using and change the field "Separator Format". The value need to be the number of digits that conform a group after insert a "Thousands Separator" character. Read the tooltip of that field for more info

Hi @Axel, i did like what you mentioned how ever the changes i made are not immediately applied. Any ideas ?

R Irawan
on 10/30/15, 4:34 AM

Hi @Axel, i ended up rebooting the server. It works.

R Irawan
on 10/30/15, 4:35 AM

Normally a simply f5 to reload the page is good, needed to load the changes again

Axel Mendoza
on 10/30/15, 4:40 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

2 follower(s)

Asked: 10/12/15, 4:53 AM
Seen: 1170 times
Last updated: 10/30/15, 4:34 AM