This question has been flagged
2 Replies

Hello everyone,

I was curious if there is a way to move around the apps within the app switcher homepage.

For example: When all apps are installed, sales may be on the top line and purchases on the bottom line and have to scroll down. Is there a way to move these apps side by side? 

I have tried being in developer mode and studio mode however I cannot seem to get them to move.

Any help will be appreciated

Thank you

Discard
Best Answer

Each App icon is actually a MENU (ir.ui.menu record) with a SEQUENCE field that defines the order.

When Developer Mode is activated, Menu records can be reviewed by visiting Settings --> Technical --> User Interface --> Menu Items.

Since these sequences are reset during upgrades, you will need a module that can re-apply any changes you want to make.

Below you can see the Apps alphabetized:

Discard

I know I'm a few years late to this, but will changing the sequence change anything else with the modules? Or is it just the home screen order?

Jayden. What version are you on? If you have any plans to move to V17 soon I wouldn't worry about this too much because they are drag and drop in V17.

Best Answer

Further to Ray Carnes' answer, you can filter the list of Menu Items to only show top-level items (i.e. the Menu Item records associated with an App icon) 

• If the "Filters" drop-down is not showing above the list, click the magnifying glass with plus symbol at the right of the search field.

• Open the "Filters" drop-down, and select "Add Custom Filter"

• In the first field, select "Parent Menu"

• In the second field, select "is not set"

• Click "Apply"

The list of menu items is now limited to the top level items, and they should be in Sequence order. You can click on any of the items, click "Edit" and change the Sequence number. I suggest you use 10, 20, 30, 40 etc so you can easily come back later and slot in new entries as you fine-tune the sequence.

Discard

Thanks Rob. It is important to only change the sequence of TOP LEVEL Menu's since you don't want the Menus INSIDE Apps to change.