Mohammad Alhashash

--Mohammad Alhashash--
| 5 5 8
October City, Egypt
--Mohammad Alhashash--

Developer

Mohammad Alhashash
7/28/13, 9:48 AM

You should never make direct changes to core OpenERP source. Any change will be removed with upgrade. The correct customization method is via a new module. Example module for customizing login screen is described in this answer

4 Comments
Mats Kjellberg
7/29/13, 10:52 AM

Hi, How is it possible to make one customized login screen for users that will not include change of DB and management db settings, and then also have a special login screen for an admin so you are able to still access the removed functions as an admin? /M,

Mohammad Alhashash
7/29/13, 10:54 AM

The login customization is per instance. You can have another instance using the same db server on a different port or different server without loading the customization module.

Mats Kjellberg
7/29/13, 11:15 AM

ok, great.. How to set this up?

Mohammad Alhashash
7/29/13, 11:29 AM

It is described in the linked answer

Remya

--Remya--

| 7 8 8
Thiruvananthapuram, India
--Remya--

Working as an Senior ODOO developer. http://in.linkedin.com/pub/remya-r/69/a23/298

Remya
3/13/13, 7:24 AM

Change the base.xml page. Its is in Program Files\Openerp\server\openerp\addons\web\static\src\xml\base.xml

Change the logo First put the image in Program Files\Openerp\server\openerp\addons\web\static\src\img

8 Comments
Lukasz Wilkowski
3/13/13, 8:21 AM

This work for me :) Image file name is logo2.png

Remya
3/13/13, 8:42 AM

Yes image file is logo2.png...

Tam Nguyen
7/31/13, 6:51 AM

Hi Remya, I updated base.xml and replaced logo2.png also. But nothing change in my login page. Is it cached somewhere and how can I flush it? Thanks

Remya
7/31/13, 7:08 AM

which os you are using? Did you change in the correct addons path?

Tam Nguyen
7/31/13, 7:09 AM

I'm using Ubuntu 12.04 - OpenERP 7.0. I've just changed core files (base.xml and logo2.png) for testing only.

Tam Nguyen
7/31/13, 7:13 AM

My add-on page: /home/openerp/openerp-7.0-20130726-231403/openerp/addons/web/static/src. Inside this folder, I have css, font, img, js, xml and fixbind.js

Remya
7/31/13, 7:23 AM

Are you sure? Addons_paths are mainly /opt/openerp/server/openerp/addons. please check this.

Francisco Luz
7/1/14, 1:12 AM

Although it will work, this answer it plain wrong. Hacking into core modules it not the way to go. Every time updates are applied you will lose your changes.

rihene
5/3/14, 10:51 AM

Hi I want to personalize the page login of openerp!! In fact i want to add a new button on this page to get an other form that i will create by my self but i didnt understabd how it must be done. I have added in that base.xml but it doesnt work for me so please i need your help :(

Ask a Question
Tags
About This Community

This platform is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Register
Odoo Training Center

Access to our E-learning platform and experience all Odoo Apps through learning videos, exercises and Quizz.

Test it now