Help

Change login page on v7

Lukasz Wilkowski

Hello, where I change login page logo, and template?

Discard
3 Answers
Best Answer

You should never make direct changes to core OpenERP source. Any change will be removed with upgrade. The correct customization method is via a new module. Example module for customizing login screen is described in this answer

4 Comments
Discard
Mats Kjellberg
-

Hi, How is it possible to make one customized login screen for users that will not include change of DB and management db settings, and then also have a special login screen for an admin so you are able to still access the removed functions as an admin? /M,

Mohammad Alhashash
-

The login customization is per instance. You can have another instance using the same db server on a different port or different server without loading the customization module.

Mats Kjellberg
-

ok, great.. How to set this up?

Mohammad Alhashash
-

It is described in the linked answer

Remya
Best Answer

Change the base.xml page. Its is in Program Files\Openerp\server\openerp\addons\web\static\src\xml\base.xml

Change the logo First put the image in Program Files\Openerp\server\openerp\addons\web\static\src\img

8 Comments
Discard
Lukasz Wilkowski
-

This work for me :) Image file name is logo2.png

Remya
-

Yes image file is logo2.png...

Tam Nguyen
-

Hi Remya, I updated base.xml and replaced logo2.png also. But nothing change in my login page. Is it cached somewhere and how can I flush it? Thanks

Remya
-

which os you are using? Did you change in the correct addons path?

Tam Nguyen
-

I'm using Ubuntu 12.04 - OpenERP 7.0. I've just changed core files (base.xml and logo2.png) for testing only.

Tam Nguyen
-

My add-on page: /home/openerp/openerp-7.0-20130726-231403/openerp/addons/web/static/src. Inside this folder, I have css, font, img, js, xml and fixbind.js

Remya
-

Are you sure? Addons_paths are mainly /opt/openerp/server/openerp/addons. please check this.

Francisco Luz
-

Although it will work, this answer it plain wrong. Hacking into core modules it not the way to go. Every time updates are applied you will lose your changes.

rihene
Best Answer

Hi I want to personalize the page login of openerp!! In fact i want to add a new button on this page to get an other form that i will create by my self but i didnt understabd how it must be done. I have added in that base.xml but it doesnt work for me so please i need your help :(

Discard