Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Change login page on v7

By
Lukasz Wilkowski
on 3/13/13, 6:10 AM 11,990 views

Hello, where I change login page logo, and template?

Mohammad Alhashash

--Mohammad Alhashash--
| 5 5 8
Giza, Egypt
--Mohammad Alhashash--

Developer

Mohammad Alhashash
On 7/28/13, 9:48 AM

You should never make direct changes to core OpenERP source. Any change will be removed with upgrade. The correct customization method is via a new module. Example module for customizing login screen is described in this answer

Hi, How is it possible to make one customized login screen for users that will not include change of DB and management db settings, and then also have a special login screen for an admin so you are able to still access the removed functions as an admin? /M,

Mats Kjellberg
on 7/29/13, 10:52 AM

The login customization is per instance. You can have another instance using the same db server on a different port or different server without loading the customization module.

Mohammad Alhashash
on 7/29/13, 10:54 AM

ok, great.. How to set this up?

Mats Kjellberg
on 7/29/13, 11:15 AM

It is described in the linked answer

Mohammad Alhashash
on 7/29/13, 11:29 AM

Remya

--Remya--
| 7 8 8
Thiruvananthapuram, India
--Remya--

Working as an Senior ODOO developer. http://in.linkedin.com/pub/remya-r/69/a23/298

Remya
On 3/13/13, 7:24 AM

Change the base.xml page. Its is in Program Files\Openerp\server\openerp\addons\web\static\src\xml\base.xml

Change the logo First put the image in Program Files\Openerp\server\openerp\addons\web\static\src\img

This work for me :) Image file name is logo2.png

Lukasz Wilkowski
on 3/13/13, 8:21 AM

Yes image file is logo2.png...

Remya
on 3/13/13, 8:42 AM

Hi Remya, I updated base.xml and replaced logo2.png also. But nothing change in my login page. Is it cached somewhere and how can I flush it? Thanks

Tam Nguyen
on 7/31/13, 6:51 AM

which os you are using? Did you change in the correct addons path?

Remya
on 7/31/13, 7:08 AM

I'm using Ubuntu 12.04 - OpenERP 7.0. I've just changed core files (base.xml and logo2.png) for testing only.

Tam Nguyen
on 7/31/13, 7:09 AM

My add-on page: /home/openerp/openerp-7.0-20130726-231403/openerp/addons/web/static/src. Inside this folder, I have css, font, img, js, xml and fixbind.js

Tam Nguyen
on 7/31/13, 7:13 AM

Are you sure? Addons_paths are mainly /opt/openerp/server/openerp/addons. please check this.

Remya
on 7/31/13, 7:23 AM

Although it will work, this answer it plain wrong. Hacking into core modules it not the way to go. Every time updates are applied you will lose your changes.

Francisco Luz
on 7/1/14, 1:12 AM
rihene
On 5/3/14, 10:51 AM

Hi I want to personalize the page login of openerp!! In fact i want to add a new button on this page to get an other form that i will create by my self but i didnt understabd how it must be done. I have added in that base.xml but it doesnt work for me so please i need your help :(

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

4 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 3/13/13, 6:10 AM
Seen: 11990 times
Last updated: 9/23/16, 5:26 AM