This question has been flagged
3 Replies

Hello,

I would be looking very much for any assistance for the following issue I have.

We have one tax number for Germany and the second tax number for Denmark. If an order is from Denmark we need to print the danish tax number on the invouce and if the order comes from Germany we need to print the german tax number on the invoice. We are not allowed to print both tax numbers on one invoice since then both countries would want to receive the VAT from us. How can I create two different footers and depending on the country of the customer print the correct footer on the invoice? I found that I can adjust the footer of an invoice with QWeb however how can I choose which footer to print on the incoice.

Thank you

Discard
Author

I have no rights to add a comment to a post why I will use my entry post

@Patrick. I appreciate your answer nevertheless having two tax numbers does not mean to have also two entities. We received a danish Vat number based on online cross border sales. This tax number is completely connected to our company in Germany. We have no entity in Denmark. Only the VAT needs to be paid on sales which were made with a danish customer to the danish authorities. Anything else is only affecting our charts in Germany. This regulation is the same with any other EU country however I just took Denmark since it is valid for our case. If you are interested in that please check "cross border sales eu vat" with any known search engine,

Best Answer

Hi John, 

You can do this with a t-if  https://www.odoo.com/documentation/10.0/reference/qweb.html

Something like this 

<t t-if="o.partner_id.country_id.code == 'DK'">

<span t-field="o.company_id.vat"/>

</t>

Discard
Author Best Answer

Thank you Lara. It was of great help

Discard
Best Answer

If you have 2 different TAX numbers it means you have 2 different legal entities for which you might want to maintain 2 different chart of accounts i.e sets of accounting statutory reports. It is thus advised that you configure a multicompany environment in your Odoo installation.

This way you will be able to maintain 2 companies, say which employee has access to which company and most importantly print your business documents (eg. Invoices) with the appropriate letterhead and footer.

Here is an introductory link to multicompany settings: https://www.quora.com/How-do-I-manage-the-accounting-in-multi-company-environment-in-Odoo-formally-OpenERP-8-0

Hope it helps

Discard