Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Change field names in mail.message sent by track_visibility

By
Gregor Heger
on 2/3/15, 8:30 AM 802 views

Hi,

regarding the default project form view, every changes made on the field "Project Manager" are noted down on the message history on the bottom. Although, if someone noticed, instead of writing: 
"Project Manager: Former user -> New user"
it writes
"User id: Former user -> New user"

This is probably because the mail.message module is using the field name and not the field label caption. Is it somehow possible to change this without changing the name of the field? 

Edit:
Additional Question: I have an additional many2many field marked as track_visibility='onchange'.
Now if any changes occur on this field the following message is written:
"New field name: res.users(40,) → res.users(7, 40)"
Is there a way to show the full names in order not to irritate the user with those cryptic names?

Thank you

What version are you using. I tested it in the latest odoo v8 runbot, it is working fine as "Project Manager: Administrator → Demo User"

Dhinesh - Technical Consultant, Sodexis Inc
on 3/20/15, 1:47 AM

Good Day Gregor, do you have a work around or solution for this?. I have the same problem (cant comment, low karma )

maximize
on 3/20/15, 12:11 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

3 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 2/3/15, 8:30 AM
Seen: 802 times
Last updated: 3/30/15, 6:30 AM