This question has been flagged
7 Replies

I want to order my Sales Order and Quotations screens by Customer (versus by Order Number).

Is it possible to make such a change without creating a custom module? For example by editing the action (using the developer mode)? I see that I can easily change the default amount of items shown (limit = 80), but I can't find how to change the default sorting order.

I managed to add an extra field (untaxed amount) to the view by editing the TreeView XML and I would assume it would be possible to change the default sorting in a similar way.

Discard
Best Answer

Since odoo 8, you can add tag "default_order" to tree view in xml. The syntax is the same as _order:

<tree string="Foo" default_order="bar,fix desc"> ...

you can also make a custom view and inherit the desired view so it will be update safe:

<tree string="Foo" position ="attributes">
    <attribute name="default_sort">bar,fix desc</attribute>
</tree>
Discard

Yep, this works

Best Answer

I know of no way to do this without writing a custom module to override the sort order specified in the Python class.

Discard

Indeed, there is no way without changing the code. Filters don't record column sorting as of v7.

Author

Thanks guys. Is there also no way to do this on a per-user setting? Just a way to store the sorting preference? I would even be happy if after clicking on a header column a client-side cookie would be set so that upon revisiting the page the sorting would be the same.

In short: without custom programming it is impossible to record any sorting for anyone anywhere; with custom programming your imagination is the limit.

Author

Thanks! What a shame :) seems like a good standard feature to have (remember last sorting, client side). What is the best way to suggest new features? I've noticed that the 'Propose New Features' feedback form on openerp.com/community is broken.

The best way to raise awareness regarding new features is to talk to OpenERP sales team.