Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Change default mail template for Quote order

By
Victor Godayer
on 11/22/13, 12:05 PM 9,740 views

Hi,

I'm looking for a way to change the default mail template associated to a Quotation in the module Purchases.

Once the quotation is ready to be sent, I click on "Send by Email". Here I'd like to have a custom model selected by default in the dropdown box on the bottom right of the window.

Moreover I have an encoding error of my variable ${object.company_id.name}.

For example if the company is named "l'EPI de Garange", the "'" will be showed like this in the mail : & # 3 9 ; (without the spaces, but otherwise it's interpreted by the parser)

Do you have any idea of the way I could solve this side question as well ?

Cheers

Victor

https://www.odoo.com/forum/help-1/question/cant-set-default-email-template-in-sales-order-not-even-as-a-default-parameter-61064

Pascal Tremblay
on 12/28/14, 8:05 AM

To change email templates used by default when you click on Sending buttons, go to Settings > Technical > Sequences & Identifiers > External Identifiers, search for records tied to the *mail.template* object and select the one referencing the email sending. Once in this form, replace the ID by the one of your customized template. To know the ID of your new template, open its form and have a look at the URL. The ID is given by"id=...".

Francisco Milland
On 12/17/14, 6:21 PM

Hi, 

I think it's quite complticated to chage this simple parameter,

Fréderic, thanks for your help, I've found the ID of my template, but I cant' find the form to replace the ID, 

Idem for me.

Pascal Tremblay
on 12/25/14, 11:14 AM

Sorry I meant *mail.template* model and not *mail.message*... That's why you did not find anything.

Frédéric Gilson (fgi)
on 7/17/15, 1:24 PM

Pascal Tremblay

--Pascal Tremblay--
| 5 2 7
Alma, Canada
--Pascal Tremblay--

Pascal Tremblay
On 12/25/14, 11:40 AM

Here is our new solution. We are very proud of it.

https://www.odoo.com/forum/help-1/question/cant-set-default-email-template-in-sales-order-not-even-as-a-default-parameter-61064

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

2 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 11/22/13, 12:05 PM
Seen: 9740 times
Last updated: 7/17/15, 1:23 PM