Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Change default invoice on Print and Send by Email

By
Sander Kruger
on 6/16/15, 4:02 AM 775 views

I have added another Invoice template to my system and added an Action binding so that it appears under the Print drop-down button. But on the invoice view, there is also a red Print button and a Send by Email button. These buttons are still bound to the old-style Invoice.

Can I bind these buttons to my new Template so that the emails attach the new Invoice?

I would love to know the answer to this too. I deleted the default template and now get a page or exception messages when I click the button. Have also spent some time searching the forums and the closest I got was this: https://www.tinyerp.org/forum/help-1/question/change-default-mail-template-for-quote-order-37281 - couldn't find the appropriate record under external identifiers. I'm not really sure why something like this is that difficult - surely it would be a very common thing that people would want to do? Goodness me - even at code level how hard would it be to trap the exception and use the next template in the list if the default one isn't there?

Alan Gray
on 10/16/15, 4:10 PM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

2 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 6/16/15, 4:02 AM
Seen: 775 times
Last updated: 10/16/15, 4:13 PM