Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Change chart of account in OpenERP 7

By
Mohammad M Omar
on 2/4/15, 7:37 AM 536 views

i set the chart of account for my company by mistake, how can i change the company chart of account to the new one?

i try to check the code i check that how OpenERP add the chart of account to update it from the database "like reset that this company not have a chart of account" but i fount that is very hard to learn, 

any one canj help me?

Ivan

--Ivan--
| 5 3 6
Jakarta, Indonesia
--Ivan--
Ivan
On 2/4/15, 10:13 AM

Unfortunately there is no easy way.  If you have financial transactions already, I would advice that you fix the current CoA.  If you think it is not possible, then you need to do a data migration (basically recreate the entire data with new CoA).  If you don't have any transactions yet, you need to "release" all CoA related configurations first (that means from Product, Product Category, Partners, etc.) then reset the Company's CoA with a new one.

Mohammad M Omar
On 2/4/15, 10:22 AM

thanks for reply, i dont have any transaction yet, how can i reset the chart of account companies chart of account? thats exactly what i need.

when i install the accountant module i create chart of accout for all companies i have, and when i start working on my chartof account i found that i cannot replace company chart of account to the new one that i created.

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

2 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 2/4/15, 7:37 AM
Seen: 536 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM