Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Change Base Field Properties in a New Module:

By
Nigel Butler
on 3/11/16, 9:22 AM 654 views

I would like to know how to change the properties of a base field to change it from Read-Only to Not Read Only.

The field in question if requested_date, part of the sale,order model. It was created by the sale_order_date module. When you have a quote the requested date can be varied, but once the order is confirmed the value becomes read only and this date cannot be changed. 

I want to be able to edit this requested_date value, even after the order is confirmed

It is created in sales_order_dates.py

'requested_date': fields.datetime('Requested Date', readonly=True, states={'draft': [('readonly', False)],  'sent': [('readonly', False)]}, copy=False,

If I just change this file to read readonly=False, then it works, but I want to do this from my custom module. I can add new fields easily in the my_module.py file:

class sale_order_template(models.Model):

_name = 'sale.order'

_inherit = 'sale.order'

new_field= fields.Char('New Field', required = False, readonly=false)

But how am I able to edit the attributes of an existing field, i.e. required_date?

Thanks in advance.

Nigel

Sudhir Arya (SA)

--Sudhir Arya (SA)--
| 6 8 8
Ahmedabad, India
--Sudhir Arya (SA)--

Working as an OpenERP/Odoo developer and a Team Leader 

Top 5 Odoo contributor On Stackoverflow

LinkedIn

Blog

Stackoverflow

Sudhir Arya (SA)
On 3/12/16, 6:27 AM

Hello Nigel,

You just have to override that field which is in a sale.order object and change the attribute value.

Ex:

'requested_date': fields.datetime('Requested Date', readonly=False, states={'draft': [('readonly', False)],  'sent': [('readonly', False)]}, copy=False)

I also suggest you to remove the _name from your class as you already have inherited the sale.order object.

Hope that helps you.

Thanks,

Thank you for the reply, When I put this code into my models.py file and restart the odoo server it gives the following error: 'ERROR HIPTest werkzeug: Error on request: Traceback (most recent call last):' and 'ImportError: cannot import name controllers'

Nigel Butler
on 3/14/16, 4:49 AM

Jignesh Mehta

--Jignesh Mehta--
| 6 4 8
Surat, India
--Jignesh Mehta--

Jignesh Mehta
On 3/12/16, 5:54 AM

Hello Nigel,

Try this :-

class sale_order_template(models.Model):

_name = 'sale.order'

_inherit = 'sale.order'

'requested_date': fields.datetime('Requested Date')

From this, the requested field is now simple datetime field so you can easily edit it in any state.

Hope it will works you.

Thanks,

Thanks for the reply, this seems to give a similar error to the answer above: "werkzeug: Error on request: Traceback (most recent call last):" then "TypeError: an integer is required"

Nigel Butler
on 3/14/16, 8:45 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 3/11/16, 9:22 AM
Seen: 654 times
Last updated: 3/12/16, 6:27 AM