Odoo Help

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

'ceg.visitor' object has no attribute 'message_post'

on 6/27/13, 4:09 AM 1,426 views

I am getting this error when i click on send email button how to fix the issue

Merabi Kutalia
On 7/30/13, 7:39 AM

_inherit = ['mail.thread', 'ir.needaction_mixin'] you must add this line to your *.py class.. and thats all .

| 5 4 7
Baarn, Netherlands
On 6/27/13, 5:21 AM

The object ceg.visitor doesn't sound like a regular object.

The message is about an object missing an attribute or method. So there is an object of type ceg.visitor, and in the code it wants to use message_post (either to perform something, like posting a message to or from that object, or it wants to check/fill the variable message_post).

Have you installed any code from internet or made by yourself/your company? In these cases, check the code, and make sure there is no error in the code (wrong object name, or mistyped method) and make sure that the object ceg.visitor has either a method message_post, or a variable (that is field) with that name.

I am trying to send a email from template, when i click on send it is working fine with standard module such as sales, here ceg.visitor is my customised object this is my code for wizard in self.browse(cr, uid, ids, context=context): mass_mail_mode = wizard.composition_mode == 'mass_mail' active_model_pool_name = wizard.model if wizard.model else 'mail.thread' active_model_pool = self.pool.get(active_model_pool_name) and i am getting error in this line msg_id = active_model_pool.message_post(cr, uid, [res_id], type='comment', subtype=subtype)

on 6/27/13, 5:51 AM

Can you post your customized code in your question? We need the relevant code for ceg.visitor, and the wizard.

on 6/28/13, 5:37 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Asked: 6/27/13, 4:09 AM
Seen: 1426 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM