Odoo Help

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

category type (normal, view). What is the difference?

Sven Gehr
on 8/11/13, 6:08 AM 4,551 views

Hi @all,

what is the difference between the category type normal and view?

with best regards sven

Anas Taji

--Anas Taji--
| 6 7 8
Amman, Jordan
--Anas Taji--

Email: anas.taji@smartway-jo.com

Anas Taji
On 8/11/13, 8:07 PM

A category of the type 'view' is a virtual category that can be used to have another categories, on the other hand a category of type 'Normal' should not have categories but products..%

Hi, new here so forgive me but... I don't understand your answer. What do you mean by, '...a virtual category that can be used to have another categories. '

Nick Davies
on 11/21/13, 10:00 AM

I did not understand your answer.

shashank verma
on 1/7/14, 8:43 AM
Nick Davies
On 1/7/14, 9:16 AM

Here's an example. I have products some of which are for sale, some are used in production, some which might be used for internal and some for external use. I have created several categories to organise them which are :

All Products / Production

All Products / Saleable / Internal

All Products / Saleable / External

The categories "All Products" and "Saleable" are classed "View" because they are there only as parent categories to sub-categories. (I don't have any products which will be categorised as "All Products").

The categories "Production", "Internal" and "External" are classed "Normal" and can be used to categorise actual products. I cannot therefore create a product and have it categorised as "All Products", but I can put it in the category "All Products / Production".

Sven Gehr
On 8/12/13, 2:58 AM

Thank you very much

Please, use the comment feature instead of answering your question. Also, if the answer was helpful, you can vote up and/or mark your question as solved.

Smart Way LLC, Anas Taji
on 8/12/13, 5:38 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Asked: 8/11/13, 6:08 AM
Seen: 4551 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM