This question has been flagged
1 Reply

I'm trying to make payments in Cash Registers using a currency different from campany currency...i can do that but then, the Journal Entry is done only in the currency of the Cash Registers but don't do the conversion to the company currency. Thus, adding, different currencys disrupting the balance and the reports. Can anyone help me?

Thanks

Discard
Best Answer

You need to create a different cash register for each currency; Create a new cash account and journal for that currency.

Discard
Author

Thanks, but what if i'm trying to sale or purchase foreing currency?...how can i reflect that operation so that the journal entry takes into account both currencys?

Author

I found the way to do what i asked...thanks, i'm having the same probles with sales receipts and in purchase receipts and there i can't find how to do it...i asked another question about this.

Sales and purchase receipts do not support different currencies. You have to use invoices instead.

Author

Ok, so i can't pass a purchase movement in a currency other than the Company i can't because General Ledger don't reflect the convertion...it's that right?...For openerp a movement in purchase is in then currency of the company?