Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Cash Registers multi currency

By
Patricia
on 6/11/13, 12:18 PM 2,047 views

I'm trying to make payments in Cash Registers using a currency different from campany currency...i can do that but then, the Journal Entry is done only in the currency of the Cash Registers but don't do the conversion to the company currency. Thus, adding, different currencys disrupting the balance and the reports. Can anyone help me?

Thanks

Mohammad Alhashash

--Mohammad Alhashash--
| 5 5 8
Giza, Egypt
--Mohammad Alhashash--

Developer

Mohammad Alhashash
On 6/11/13, 12:21 PM

You need to create a different cash register for each currency; Create a new cash account and journal for that currency.

Thanks, but what if i'm trying to sale or purchase foreing currency?...how can i reflect that operation so that the journal entry takes into account both currencys?

Patricia
on 6/11/13, 12:26 PM

I found the way to do what i asked...thanks, i'm having the same probles with sales receipts and in purchase receipts and there i can't find how to do it...i asked another question about this.

Patricia
on 6/11/13, 12:42 PM

Sales and purchase receipts do not support different currencies. You have to use invoices instead.

Mohammad Alhashash
on 6/12/13, 4:57 AM

Ok, so i can't pass a purchase movement in a currency other than the Company i can't because General Ledger don't reflect the convertion...it's that right?...For openerp a movement in purchase is in then currency of the company?

Patricia
on 6/12/13, 12:09 PM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 6/11/13, 12:18 PM
Seen: 2047 times
Last updated: 11/19/16, 2:23 PM