This question has been flagged
3 Replies

Hello,

I'm new to OpenERP and I'm looking for a case management feature that creates case number, allows you to set priority, enter a description, etc., for client support.

I checked both the documentation and apps section, but couldn't find one.

Would someone tell me if this feature is already implemented or there's an app for it?

Thanks,

Jose

Discard
Best Answer

Have you installed the helpdesk module? This assigns a number, you can send comments back to the customer or add notes not sent to customer.

Only issue, I am finding so far, is if the helpdesk ticket is closed, it will not re open it. Most likely needs an action setting up, but not sure how best to do that.

CRM Helpdesk is a fairly simple module, but you will be able to utlise it for your requests. This should be available from with your settings / apps screen.

Discard

You sure the out of the box module assigns a case number? Also, are you able to get to a customer's cases when viewing the customer object itself?

Best Answer

You can check crm_helpdesk or product_issue module.

Discard
Best Answer

You want the project_issue module. The features you describe are out of the box, expect for the case number.

The OpenERP Project modules for Service Management includes a module for that, project_issue_sequences:

Reference sequences for Issues, configurable by Category. For example: an IT Management related issue might have a "IT-xxxxx" sequence, and a Building maintenance issue an independent "B-xxxx" sequence. If no specific Sequence is specified, the default "Project Issue" sequence will be used. If the crm_categ_hierarchy module is also installed, specific sequences will apply to all child categories.

You might also find some more useful features in that project.

Discard

That project seems like its still in development, some bugs that prevent installation appear to be unmerged. I can't test this myself, as bazaar won't successfully branch that project on Windows, complaining about symlinks in the project. I'm desperately trying to get BASIC helpdesk functionality working in OpenERP - like assigning a ticket number and being able to reply to the person that emailed in. Could you point me towards anything that's ready for use immediately in this area?? Thanks.

Hi Daniel, Can you quickly explain how your efforts along project-service differs from the regular contract and project_issue module in OpenERP. Does it extend this functionality or is it an entirely new approach on service management. We are about to offer Support for items and Projects based on Prepaid Hours, Time and Material. After a certian Item or Licence is sold a predefined Contract should start and run for a given time (12-36 month) the time and material used for the Support should be invoiced once a month against the already prepaid units. Is this something similar to what you doing?