This question has been flagged
3 Replies

I have setup a journal and account for card payments (similar to the blog post), and the whole process is working well.  When we receive the money from our customer we use the journal as a payment method, and when we receive the money from the card company we do an internal transfer from the card account to the bank account.  The problem arises when we reconcile.

I have now realised that I need to reconcile the customer payment AND the internal transfer with the bank statement for everything to be wrapped up neatly.  Unfortunately it took 2 weeks to realise this, and I now have some unreconciled card payments which show up every time I reconcile.

Is there a way to clear them down or reconcile them after the event?

Thanks in advance.

Discard
Author

It seems that there is an issue with the reconciliation process. When I reconcile the bank statement line with the payment AND the 2 moves (from card payments account -> transfer and from transfer -> bank) the payment and the transfer are left unreconciled. I have been into the database and seen that the 'reconciled' status of the move lines is FALSE. As a result, eventhough I thought I had reconciled them they are left in limbo and available for future reconciliation. Far from ideal. Is the use case above not correct? I thought it was using the approach recommended by odoo.

Author Best Answer

After a great deal of messing around I have found a system that works.  Thanks to Mohammed for the clue above, which was an important part of the solution.

First of all, to ensure that both the payment and the transfer show as reconciled, it is important that when reconciling with the bank statement that the payment and the 2 moves (from cards to transfer and from transfer to bank) are included in the same bank line reconciliation.

Second, and importantly done after the above step, use the manual payments and invoice matching to reconcile the two transfer moves so that they no longer appear as unreconciled.  If this step is done first then you are unable to reconcile the whole payment + moves above, and the payment and transfer will show as unreconciled.

Hopefully this will help others who use a 2 stage process for cheque or card payments.

Discard
Best Answer

You can reconcile entries of same account from accounting/adviser/journal items (i think you need to activate developer mode to see journal items menu)

Discard