Odoo Help

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Cannot reset user password after outgoing mail server configuration

Heba Naguib
on 2/13/13, 5:11 AM 3,297 views

Installed openERP 7 on a VM connected to the internet, and configured the outgoing mail server and the connection test is successful,

Created users and now I want to set their password so they can log in to erp7, When I try to "re-set password" of any user it show me an error MSG "Cannot send email: no outgoing email server configured. You can configure it under Settings/General Settings."

NB: worth mentioning that I sent an e-mails successfully from Messaging tab

Can anyone help me either to a simpler way to set user passwords or to by pass this error MSG.

Thanks Heba Naguib

Bonnet Denis

--Bonnet Denis--
| 5 6 8
Vannes, France
--Bonnet Denis--

Engeneer at MGS Consulting Ouest at Vannes, FRANCE

Bonnet Denis
On 2/13/13, 6:11 AM

In form view of users you have a "More" selection field.

In this you can choice "Change Password" to change pwd without mail.

On 6/20/14, 3:46 AM

You need appoint outgoing mail server in the templates of reset password 

Iḿ using multi company environment. The reset password work for users in certain company but no for others working in another company. For company A works fine, for company B gives an error about outgoing mail config.

same issue

Adam Farrell
on 7/19/13, 11:07 PM

I have the same issue, can not send emails to users that aren't from the main company (multi company environment)... Somebody know's to fix this?

Versão Integral, Anabela Damas
on 1/23/15, 11:31 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Asked: 2/13/13, 5:11 AM
Seen: 3297 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM